Welcome to The Good Old Days' Game Challenge 2016!
If you are looking for some inspiration on what game to try next or wish to join some fellow gamers in a greater gaming experience, you have come to the right place. The aim of the game is to pick video games fulfilling the criteria found in the following list and finishing them for this challenge. Afterwards you come back here and share some thoughts about your experiences and tick off a point or two.
So, get ready and play a game:
- set in a year ending with 16 (e.g. 2016, 1016, 2116, 1816, etc.)
- found on this site picked at random
- created before you were born
- with a protagonist who has something in common with you
- based on a different medium (e.g. book, movie, etc.)
- with an infamous reputation
- set (at least partially) in Australia
- which tries to teach you something
- made by someone you know in person
- in a language you do not speak (without subtitles or any other kind of translation)
- of Solitaire or Patience
- on a system you never started up before
- released this year
- you started at least twice but never finished … until now
- from the 'adult' section
- taking up less than 100kB of disk space
The rules are as follows: Anyone can join in. You can pick a game for any item on the list any time you like. Each game you chose counts for only one point on the list, even if it would fit more of them. Try to get a proper impression of the game, just starting it up probably will not be enough. After you finish the game just let us know how it was like, either by posting a short summary on the forum (see the link bellow), or, even better, by writing a review for it. You win by ticking off all of the games. This will earn you a place in the hall of fame.
So start up your engines, let’s get playing and have a great gaming year 2016! And do not forget to join us in the forum.