The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Site Issues - Is this the end? - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: gucUp
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 15:49 on December 15th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Glad to hear the new system is working out...
-----
"In theory, if people bred as fast as ants, and with an equal indifference for it's surrounding species, earth would have 5 million human inhabitants at the turn of the century. But this, of course, is highly unthinkable"
Posted at 07:37 on December 15th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
To keep you up-to-date: it looks at lot better now, for the near future, there shouldn't be any problems keeping the site(s) up. I'm talking about approximately sixth months here, planning for longer won't be possible of course. The big ugly red box has been removed from the main page, but it'll stay on the download gateways. Of course, since the people who see this are the ones causing the costs in the first place...
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 08:59 on December 4th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
I thought of this solution, but it is not possible - too many hits, too little bandwidth, too much strain on the CPU,..... This solution is ok for a small site, but not for a (relatively) big one. Besides, I have to sleep in the room my computer is in and it's loud ;)
-----
Posted at 08:26 on December 4th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Bachelor Gumby
I know, this advice must appear ridiculous to you, but why don't you make it like 'Spocky' (http://server.spocky.de) with his Site and use your own PC as webserver? As emergency solution thinkable?
Posted at 13:48 on December 3rd, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
In case you didn't do already, read the reasons now. Enjoy the sites and the forum while it still lasts, I think I will be able to make it one way or the other, but I'm not promising anything anymore :worried: If you have any questions or comments, feel free to ask/post.

Edit: in case I sounded to fatal before, I'd like to add that everything is safe at least until the end of January. There is enough time to see how it develops.

Edited by Mr Creosote at 22:54 on December, 03rd 2002
-----