The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Comments / Discussion - Secret of Mana 2 (1995) - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: QSF3F
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 14:32 on June 14th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
Secret of Mana was the first RPG I ever played, it hooked me for life. :) SD2 was more of the same, with improvements. I liked how different character choices affected the difficulty of the game, and the story changed too.
-----
Sim Addict
Posted at 10:37 on August 9th, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
And if someone liked this game should play FF: Crystal Chronicles in a Gamecube. It requires a GBA, and connection cable, for each player, but it really uses it.

The game looks and plays like a Seiken Densetsu. The Final Fantasy of the name, and monsters from those games, where added obviously for publicity, nothing else as it is at real time, withouth the agobiating fights of the FF games.
Posted at 07:51 on August 9th, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
The Seiken Densetsu (Legend of Mana is what it means) series are as follow:

The first was published in Gameboy, and sometimes is called Final Fantasy Legends.

The second and the third are for SNES. They are the ones on the page.

The fourth, the best of the series, but that also can be horribly complicated if you want to build or raise well your skills and the ones of your pet, is for PSX. Translated as Legend of Mana.

The fifth is just a remake of the first, for GBA. Translated as Sword of Mana.

And they are going to make one, or more, for the new consoles. Probably at least for DS and PSP.
Posted at 07:54 on June 22nd, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Great game! I haven't actually tried this rom but the one i used to play with before never had the glitch Melanie mentioned. Neither did it have the sound problem Johann67 mentioned in his review. This is my favorite RPG of all time. Final Fantasy X comes in 2nd place.
Posted at 15:00 on July 9th, 2001 | Quote | Edit | Delete
snes games one call
Posted at 14:00 on July 9th, 2001 | Quote | Edit | Delete
cool
Posted at 13:00 on July 9th, 2001 | Quote | Edit | Delete
It is such a shame this game was never released in the US or Europe, but the rom patches have brought some relief to the suffering US and European SOM fans. :) I've heard that there is a "bad checksum" on the rom and this seems to effect some things in the game, for example it has a corrupted save state which can prevent you from saving, and Duran can't change class.

But still, despite its glitches, this game is absolutely excellent and I do recommend it. :) If you must save then I suggest using the emulators' save slots rather than the roms' save slots.
Posted at 12:00 on July 9th, 2001 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Feel free to share anything about Secret of Mana 2 (1995) here!
-----
If it ain't broken, you're not trying hard enough.