The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Reviewed Games - Comments / Discussion - Tetris (1989) - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: Nz17Z
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 01:10 on April 10th, 2018 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Reborn Gumby
Floppy set catalogued:
Quote:
ID: 1264
Title: Tetris
Version:
Language: English
Disks: 3.5" DD (720kB) x 1
Protection: ?
Format: Raw (.IMG)

Notes:

See more...
-----
Cheer up! Remember the less you have, the more there is to get.
Posted at 22:34 on March 13th, 2018 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Reborn Gumby
Floppy set catalogued:
Quote:
ID: 2283
Version:
Disks: 5.25" DS DD (360kB) x 1

Notes:

See more...
-----
Posted at 07:02 on September 4th, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Student Gumby
Quote:
This is for the Gameboy version which is the version I have played as a kid. Well where do we begin.

Read more...
Posted at 17:44 on March 5th, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
Tetris has got to be the greatest game ever.
I grew up playing the Original Xbox and Gamboy Advanced versions. Its so simple, yet so perfect.
Posted at 20:52 on February 14th, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Deceased Gumby
Quote:
1If there is one game that has been played by almost anyone that got close to any kind of computer, it has to be Tetris. It is everywhere: From key-chains, over mobile phones, TV set-top boxes and pocket calculators to high end PCs. Think of any platform and you can be sure this game runs on it. If there ever are refrigerators with Internet connections, you will certainly be able to stack some blocks while checking your milk re-order. Tetris is one of those rare games that have outgrown copyright struggles and has become a commonly shared idea, which massively contributed to its success. Still, under this myriad of clones and copies, there are some versions many people consider the definite version. Like Spectrum Holobyte's Tetris – which often is (wrongly) thought of as the first – and the probably most famous one, which we are going to talk about today: Tetris for Game Boy.

Read more...
-----
The known is finite, the unknown infinite. - Thomas Henry Huxley
Posted at 08:41 on December 7th, 2013 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Reborn Gumby
Floppy set catalogued:
Quote:
ID: 1072
Version:
Disks: 5.25" DS DD (360kB) x 1

Notes:

See more...
-----
Posted at 07:49 on July 25th, 2013 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
True Masterpiece :)
Posted at 23:17 on July 10th, 2010 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Bachelor Gumby
Quote:
Turn it, move it, drop it - a day in the life of crane driver Carl. Noone ever asks him before they deliver yet another palett of bricks. Because if they did he would have told them of the problems with them. They never, NEVER come sorted. It's a mess - a real mess! His co-workers don't seem to have any understanding for his problems either. They just put the bricks on the hook and then it's up to Carl to see how he can pile them up. "It's so bad that I can see them in my sleep," poor Carl says. "Pink ones, yellow ones, green ones - and then the sounds. The sounds! Bleep. Bleep. Bleep." After saying that Carl puts his head into his hands and sobs.

Read more...
Posted at 02:00 on July 12th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
I love playing tetris because its so much fun.The blocks start off slow as you keep playing they also come down very fast.I usally start off at the 9th level
it's challenging when start off like that.My greatest game is 3302 lines.
Posted at 01:00 on July 12th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
True Tetris is a great game (I'm in this figurehead position of VP of the Tetris Society here at Harvard).

The only correction I'd suggest is that "a few random blocks" appearing one the opponent's screen is not a very accurate description of what happens in old-school Gameboy play. You know what I'm talking bout.

The blocks are designed to assist the Tetris-building and strategic aspect of the game. (They are rows on the bottom of the screen with one block missing, which continuously build along that one column--easy and fun tetris-reciprocating wars)

Okay take care,
Keep up the good work here on this site,
Eric Chen '06
Posted at 00:00 on July 12th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Quote:
Now you may wonder what is Tetris doing in the GameBoy category. The reason is simple: Tetris, while popular on arcades, needed a platform to propagate among the general population, and GameBoy proved to be the perfect platform. When GameBoy was first released, it sold with the Tetris cartridge included, a move that not only boosted the GameBoy sales but also made Tetris a household name. In fact, many speculated (and I think they have a point) that GameBoy was designed with Tetris in mind; such is the integration of these two.

Read more...
-----
NetDanzr<br />
-The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog-