No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 03:35 on September 9th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
Posted by Delos at 21:18 on September, 8th 2002:

There, happy now? :P
You shouldn't take this so lightly! Counting the old forum, I've warned you five times about this now - this is not something you should shrug off just like that :angry:
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 19:29 on September 8th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete | Delete Attachment
Prof Gumby
I don't really have a favorite cover but this one is one of the nicer ones I've seen IMHO
Attachment: *****
-----
"In theory, if people bred as fast as ants, and with an equal indifference for it's surrounding species, earth would have 5 million human inhabitants at the turn of the century. But this, of course, is highly unthinkable"
Posted at 19:18 on September 8th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete | Delete Attachment
Dr Gumby
There, happy now? :P
-----
Atheism is a Non-Prophet Organisation
Posted at 18:56 on September 8th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete | Delete Attachment
Retired Gumby
Dizzy: Well, that's one of the true classics... ;) However, I honestly admit that I never fully understood the cover picture, if it has some "deeper meaning" at all. Who knows...

One of my all-time favourites is surely the "Suffer" cover by Bad Religion (from 1988). Actually, it doesn't need many words to be described, but it perfectly shows that conditions that seem normal to most people can cause hate of others. :pain:
Posted at 07:23 on September 8th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete | Delete Attachment
Master Gumby
Probably my favourite cover, from one of my favourite albums ever:
-----
C'est pas la chute qu'importe -- c'est l'atterrissage
Posted at 02:52 on September 8th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
[no direct image links to sites which don't allow this -Mr Creosote]

Edited by Mr Creosote at 11:21 on September, 08th 2002
-----
Posted at 02:47 on September 8th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
I always liked the box from Beneath a Steel Sky, it was plain black with a silver picture in the middle, so simple that it made we want to buy the game to see what it was about.
-----
Posted at 20:23 on September 7th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete | Delete Attachment
Prof Gumby
Heres the majesty one
-----
Not all That Glitters Is Gold, Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost.
Posted at 20:22 on September 7th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete | Delete Attachment
Prof Gumby
Thinking about it and what you said Mr C. The game silver if anyone knows it has quite a good cover or at least I like it and the game Majesty which has a pair of hands holding a castle implying that you hold the kingdom in your hands.
-----
Not all That Glitters Is Gold, Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost.
Posted at 18:35 on September 7th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Hmm.... you actually got me at a loss there - can't think of any particular cover I really marvelled at :( In general though, I don't like covers to be just like a part of the contents. For example for movies, it shouldn't just be the face of the lead character, for computer games, it shouldn't be in-game graphics (no matter how technically genius they are), for CDs, it shouldn't be just a photo of the group or the artist. I like a cover to be original, referring to what you'll find 'inside', sure, but in some way more striking, maybe even provoking. And that is the purpose of a cover anyway: getting attention ;)

Edited by Mr Creosote at 20:38 on September, 07th 2002
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 18:10 on September 7th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Most cover designs of music albums, movies, games, and books are crap, I know. However, I think there are some that are really well made, either because they really suit the actual content or because they have an "artistic" value. So, has there ever been a packing that you found striking for a certain reason (design, pictures, texts...)?