The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Site Issues - Avatar upload issue - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: 26!Dy
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 12:48 on February 17th, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Yep, the editing bug seems to be fixed.
-----
At the end of the day, you're left with a bent fork & a pissed off rhino.
Posted at 09:40 on February 17th, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
The upload problem: the script first checks what the uploaded file claims to be. There, I allowed the MIME type image/jpg, but not image/jpeg, so your file didn't get through. Later, it checks what the file actually is, and there, it got image/jpeg for the supposed PNG. However, since those two checks aren't correlated, but done independently, the renamed file got through.

The editing problem was caused by the ampersands and the quotes in your posts. Due to PHP still not handling Unicode very well internally, there's some back and forth with special characters when displaying and editing. Getting this consistent is a nightmare... however, thanks to your reports, I think it might finally be getting there.

Anyway, I'm always opening tickets for each of the bugs, the latter one can be found here, for example: http://www.spamboard.net/ticket/71.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
-----
Edited by Mr Creosote at 09:41 on February 17th, 2008
Posted at 23:54 on February 16th, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
What was the problem with the avatars?

There's still something going on with the editing. I can edit my second post fine, but both the 1st & 3rd ones crap out on me,
Quote:
Warning: SimpleXMLElement::addChild() [function.SimpleXMLElement-addChild]: unterminated entity reference check it for yourself to see if you can find the problem. btw I just discovered another bug. I tried to edit my previous post, but got a message saying I don't have permission.</textarea></td> in /home/goodoldd/public_html/forum/classes/misc/Table.php on line 104

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/goodoldd/public_html/forum/classes/misc/Table.php:104) in /home/goodoldd/public_html/forum/includes/page_out.php on line 49

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/goodoldd/public_html/forum/classes/misc/Table.php:104) in /home/goodoldd/public_html/forum/includes/page_out.php on line 51

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/goodoldd/public_html/forum/classes/misc/Table.php:104) in /home/goodoldd/public_html/forum/includes/page_out.php on line 52

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/goodoldd/public_html/forum/classes/misc/Table.php:104) in /home/goodoldd/public_html/forum/includes/page_out.php on line 53

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/goodoldd/public_html/forum/classes/misc/Table.php:104) in /home/goodoldd/public_html/forum/includes/page_out.php on line 54

...and the textarea doesn't exist, it's just a portion of HTML code.

See this screenshot: http://allspark.net/cypherswipe/goodoldays-errors.png
-----
Posted at 19:16 on February 16th, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Upload problem fixed, I replaced your .png file with a regular .jpg one.

Edit: Editing problem fixed as well.
-----
-----
Edited by Mr Creosote at 09:32 on February 17th, 2008
Posted at 15:00 on February 16th, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
My current avatar is the one in question, you can easily grab it & check it for yourself to see if you can find the problem.

btw I just discovered another bug. I tried to edit my previous post, but got a message saying I don't have permission.

edit test
-----
-----
Edited by Cypherswipe at 12:47 on February 17th, 2008
Posted at 14:57 on February 16th, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Exactly. It's still a JPG, just like it was when the forum told me it wasn't. I changed the extension to a type that the image isn't, and suddenly the forum accepts it. It makes no sense.

edit test
-----
-----
Edited by Cypherswipe at 23:51 on February 16th, 2008
Posted at 08:39 on February 16th, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
You actually just renamed it, but didn't convert it to PNG?
-----
Posted at 22:06 on February 15th, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
I tried to upload an avatar. It was a JPG, 100x99. I tried to upload it several times & each time I got a message saying "error the image is not a JPG or PNG or GIF file". I renamed the image, changing the extension fro JPG to PNG (but leaving everything else the same) and tried again. This time it uploaded perfectly.
-----