The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Site Issues - Poll Results: Games from which years interest you? - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: KyDQ1
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 09:17 on March 23rd, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Well, you must have a large monitor ;) Anyway, I put it where you suggested, but if that doesn't increase participation, I'll blame it on you!
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 01:04 on March 22nd, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
To me its like it has lost its moorings and drifted far off screen. Maybe placing it as a narrow band between the menu and the main content? Not sure if the code will handle it or it might piss visitors off too much.
-----
Keep your stick on the ice
Posted at 15:00 on March 21st, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Yes, I put it there for the lack of a better alternative. Any suggestions where to put the box so that it can still be visible on every page?
-----
Posted at 14:00 on March 21st, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Is the poll supposed to be way off to the right side?
-----
Keep your stick on the ice
Posted at 09:15 on March 21st, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete | Delete Attachment
Admin
Reborn Gumby
First, some general remarks: The poll ran from March 6th to March 21st. Participation has, once again, been abysmal: Less than one percent of the visitors cast their vote. Which means it's open to speculation how telling these results are. However, they're the best we have.

On the attached diagram, you can see the interpolated curve of the discrete values. Some observations from me (feel free to add your own):

- There isn't a single timeframe which everybody can agree on. Although the popularity of the years differ, there isn't a year which has more than two thirds of acceptance.

- The most popular time seems to be approximately 1990 to 1995.

- The median year of interest is 1991.

Putting the last two together, there seems to be a slight discrepance between the expectations of the visitors and what we're delivering. However, it's a small one, and given the statistical uncertainty (because of the low participation rate), it's probably neglectable.

In any case, we don't seem to be doing such a bad job. Of course, this might be a self-fulfilling prophecy, because obviously, only people who visited the site in the first place participated...

Trivia: One person voted for every year but 1993 ;)

The next poll (about genres) is online now.
Attachment: *****
-----