The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Site Issues - Poll Results: Which year were you born? - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: w5TDX
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 15:43 on June 8th, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Originally posted by Cypherswipe at 23:18 on May 19th, 2008:
When the only choice is monkey's island or monkey's island, ALL votes are invald. :p
(Oh, excuse me, there's 1 option to vote for monkey island 2. *rolleyes*)

You could include all other games in the universe in the poll and all of their votes added together would still stand in the shadow of Monkey Island's massive bar.
-----
Keep your stick on the ice
Posted at 23:18 on May 19th, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
When the only choice is monkey's island or monkey's island, ALL votes are invald. :p
(Oh, excuse me, there's 1 option to vote for monkey island 2. *rolleyes*)
-----
At the end of the day, you're left with a bent fork & a pissed off rhino.
Posted at 07:55 on May 19th, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Alright, one invalid vote counted.

This is the last call to participate - the votes will be counted tomorrow!
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 06:54 on May 19th, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
In the new poll, I vote for the smurfs adventure!
-----
At the end of the day, you're left with a bent fork & a pissed off rhino.
Posted at 17:08 on May 13th, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete | Delete Attachment
Admin
Reborn Gumby
The poll ran from April 29th to May 13th. Apparantely, this question was easier than the previous ones - a lot more people participated.

Due to an oversight, the option '1990' wasn't present. This might taint the results a little. Sorry for that.

What's more important statistically is the high number people people who answered '<1970'. That's 10% of all people who took part. Apparantely, the assumption about people's ages I made when setting the options wasn't very good. That high number of unspecified ages is also the reason why calculating an average doesn't make any sense in this case.

The median, on the other hand, is untouched by this: it's 1981.

Back in 2001, we already had a poll about the visitors' year of birth. Back then, the median result was 1978. That means that visitor age has actually increased over time, because in seven years, the median has only shifted by three years.

What has increased significantly, is the variance of the age distribution. Almost all visitors were born between 1974 and 1984 in 2001. This has spread into both directions.

Personally, I have to say I'm quite relived to see the visitors are still older than the games we're covering on average ;)
Attachment: *****
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!