The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Site Issues - Poll Results: What is your favourite game? - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: 1hGdk
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 08:58 on May 20th, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete | Delete Attachment
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Grouping the bars by name, we get a different result. The top result is now The Secret of Monkey Island which came last with zero votes in the last graph. Mysterious.

Now, to clear up the confusion this poll apparantely caused: The point was to take a poke at sites which do such polls in a serious manner. It's completely pointless! Already by entering the possible choices, you're putting in an enormous amount of bias which makes the results completely useless. Still, I see polls about the 'best game' all the time. How exactly is this supposed to work?

Anyway, I asked the questions I wanted to ask in the previous polls, so I wanted to end this streak in a light-hearted manner. It's all about having fun, after all. Unless someone else comes up with a question worth asking, that was it for the polls this time. Thanks again to all participants.
Attachment: *****
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 08:52 on May 20th, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete | Delete Attachment
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Here are the long-anticipated results of the groundbreaking last poll. There are two graphs (attached to this post and the next one) to show the two possible interpretations.

First of all, the raw results. The top-voted option was Monkey Island 2: Le Chuck's Revenge. So is it the best game ever? Read on.
Attachment: *****
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!