The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Frozen Website Sections - Comics - I'm in quest for a MOTU comic - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: 4LkXk
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 10:30 on June 24th, 2010 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
No, I never got to that series before I gave up in frustration over the passiveness of the rest of the world.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
-----
Edited by Mr Creosote at 10:32 on June 24th, 2010
Posted at 09:07 on June 24th, 2010 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
Yes, this is the Story I'm looking for. Is it online?
Posted at 15:52 on June 23rd, 2010 | Quote | Edit | Delete | Delete Attachment
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Ehapa Nr. 5 (24.11.1987)

See attached picture - is it the one you're looking for?
Attachment: *****
-----
Posted at 15:11 on June 23rd, 2010 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
I think i can use this thread because I have a similar request:

I remember a Story in a comic-book, in which He-Man, or Adam I don't remember, drinks a potion that makes him shrink. The only thing I still remember, is that it was in a comic-book series, which had a poster on the two middle pages.

I'm sorry not remembering more, but I hope somebody can help me.
Posted at 13:58 on May 22nd, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Originally posted by QueenHiss at 12:07 on May 22nd, 2008:
Is this somewhere in the download section?

No, sorry, I just scanned that one paged this morning after reading your post.

Originally posted by QueenHiss at 12:07 on May 22nd, 2008:
Do you like taht story so much, too?

I'd hardly call it a favourite of mine. It doesn't look very good and the monsters and other threats could be a little more imaginative.

On the other hand, I do have a soft spot for these very basic fantasy story types. There's no pretense about being 'deep' or 'educational' - just kind of an exciting treasure hunt. Many fans seem to loathe or shrug off that kind of thing for some reason, but I like it. After all, this is a children's line about muscle-bound goofs - no need to get very deep ;)
-----
Posted at 12:07 on May 22nd, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete
YEEEES :D And oh my god! Is this somewhere in the download section? I got to take a look there *immediately* - thanks a BUNCH! Its been too long (as said - i was 7 now im 32) but still, I remembered these fragments. Do you like taht story so much, too? :D

Superb! :)
Posted at 10:54 on May 22nd, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete | Delete Attachment
Admin
Reborn Gumby
I think you're getting a few different comics mixed up there.

First of all, there were German versions of the first minicomics in A5 format. I own 'König auf Castle Grayskull' (King of Castle Grayskull) from this line, for example. 'Kampf in den Wolken' exists in that line, too. The contents are the same as in the minicomic, though.

From your description of the story, I guess you're talking about a different comic called 'Kampf um das Zauberschwert'. It's not exactly what you describe (Mer-Man helps Skeletor cross the lake, not He-Man). The scene with Zodac laughing so hard that the cave collapses is exactly as you describe it, though (see attached file). That one's unmistakable. So, is that the one you're looking for?
Attachment: *****
-----
Posted at 09:44 on May 22nd, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Hello. First off - this site with all those downloads is like a time machine.
Finally I could read my most wanted minicomic! When I had the new figures one came with the rare Tale Of Teela comic and actually this is a gem but back then i rated it worhtless since I was unable to decipher it (im german and unlike the multilingual first Alcala MAsterpieces taht had this mere storybook character, Tale of Teela was English).

Well here goes my request
In 2nd grade, which was 1983 here, I had a socalled Din A5 Format Storybook that you got for free at the toy shops. It was called Kampf in den WOlken (Battle in the clouds), i'm absolutely sure, and it consisted of several elements (listed below). The minicomnic feat. an equal name is not that story. Or better - its not quite that story O_o

The story was like this (please know that im recovering 25 year old memories)

IT had Mer Man and a battle over the ocean on the wind raider as cover I*m sure.
IT had He-Man going into a cave with mer man and MerMan Froze a subterranean lake with his sword so they could go over. This cooperation remembers me of "The masks of power".
This ends in a cave where stalagnites hang from the dome ceiling and much like episode 36, the search for the starseed (which inspired the first german audio story re-labeling it "Stardust", ZOdac has an appearance, and begins to laugh like a freak, causing the stalactites to fall down and bury skeletor (also like in the german Audio tape), who is yet alive, comes out swearing revenge.
I think this was the story, and I am longing to re-read that for ever since I was that little girl (yea got to be a bit weird being a girl playing He-Man AND prefering to play Skeletor's side I admit).