The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Site Issues - Slow server response - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: AGVSJ
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 15:06 on December 24th, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
I have no problem, for me the forum goes all right.
Posted at 11:46 on December 24th, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Ok, now that sounds like a script issue. Everything seems normal to me, though, and even though I have committed several upgrades to the forum lately, I don't really see how they should affect performance. But of course, we can never say for sure. Anyone else having issues?
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 23:13 on December 23rd, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
I just tried changing my dns setting to opendns & tested again, I got the same problem of it crapping out on the first hop, and the same lag when using the site.

Another strange thing: While I get the lag I mentioned here on the forum, the main site goes straight through without any lag at all.
edit: The main site has no lag, regardless whether I use opendns or my isp's dns.

edit 2: I just tried some traceroutes on sites that I know are fast to respond, and they all crap out on that first jump too. It's something with the forum here.
-----
At the end of the day, you're left with a bent fork & a pissed off rhino.
-----
Edited by Cypherswipe at 23:31 on December 23rd, 2008
Posted at 22:59 on December 23rd, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Yes, that is indeed very strange, but it indicates there is something wrong on that particular route from you to the TGOD server. I worked on it all day and didn't notice any serious lags or extraordinarily high loads. Will try to keep an eye on it, though - this is obviously always something to watch out for.
-----
Posted at 22:54 on December 23rd, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Hmm... now this is very strange.... It's crapping out on the very first hop (won't even report the address it's trying to connect to for that hop), which should indicate that the problem is on my end, but I don't have the problem with any site other than this one.
-----
Posted at 22:26 on December 23rd, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Can you do a traceroute?
-----
Posted at 18:28 on December 23rd, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Any idea why the server is being so slow to respond today? At first it was timing out/server not found, then it went through, but it sits "waiting for server" for a full 5 seconds (I timed it) before going through. I tried both the .net and .org domains, and they're both the same.
Is it just a high server load right now, or is there something wrong with the server, or...?
-----