The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Software Galore - EMPIRE DELUXE DOWNLOAD - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: @eGre
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 00:04 on March 31st, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
MR LONGSNOOZ: Just wondering, when did the windows version crash? was it at the start of the program, or when the first city production screen appeared?

Tuss: I've asked the same question to the owner of Killer Bee, although it was not an official version, his initial thoughts on it were that the previous versions were not his copyright and were produced by a diffrent company.
-----
Lets make this a beefy place
Posted at 17:28 on March 28th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Just in case anybody has issues with Empire Deluxe DOS in WinXP, the windows version runs well on my version of XP.

Just a thought, when Killer Bee, an indipendent software house, releases Empire Deluxe Internet Edition, will Empire Deluxe cease to exist as abandonware? Seeing that they used the original and code and stuff...
-----
Keep your stick on the ice
Posted at 15:02 on March 28th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
You're welcome :) Enjoy the game!
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 14:59 on March 28th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
You were right loaded DOS ver. and gave my tower a drop-kick, It works great. Thks agian for taking the time to walk me through it ( or what some might say "hold my hand") I appreciate all the help.

Thks Mr longsnooz
Posted at 14:13 on March 28th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Ok, I just booted into Windows 98 myself to test it, and the Windows version crashed just like you described. The DOS version works fine though. There is nothing special you need to know - it runs perfectly from Windows. Just extract the archive the same way you did with the Windows version, open the folder you extracted it to and then doubleclick on 'Econfig.exe'. There, set your sound card and video card (VESA is a safe choice there if you're not sure). Save your settings and exit the program. Then, doubleclick on 'Empire.exe' and the game should run.
-----
Posted at 14:09 on March 28th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
I have never used a DOS based game befor. I will try downloading it and see what happens??? befor I get lost in DOS for the next 6 hours do you any helpful hints or stuff like a universal infomatiom-seeking flash light (hee-hee) to help me in the big black space of DOS? thks for all you help.
Posted at 13:56 on March 28th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
I have successfully run the game on a P2/300 under Windows 98 a year ago last time - there weren't any problems. It was the DOS version though, I've never actually tried the Windows version. I just assume it'd be better for newer Windows versions. But since you had this problem, I'd recommend you also try the DOS version. If it still doesn't work, you should try a slowdown program. For Windows, try CPUKiller.
-----
Posted at 13:50 on March 28th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
Gees, that was fast. I'am running win98, with a Pentium II . other than that I am not sure what is in the box on the floor with all the lights has in it. But I can find out if it will help more. however, I did down load win3.1 ver. of the game do I need win3.1 to run it? I can give you any info you need to help me run this progrem.
Posted at 13:31 on March 28th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
That sounds like a problem with Windows XP or 2000. Did you try the Windows version of the game? That is certainly a better choice for you than the DOS version. It could also be a problem with CPU speed of course....

(please include as much technical info about your computer and operating system as possible in your reply)

Edited by Mr Creosote at 21:32 on March, 28th 2003
-----
Posted at 13:22 on March 28th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
Hi Guys, Been in coma for years so don't laugh to hard at this "Q" I downloaded EMPIRE DELUXE and after many attempts to open RAR. files I decieded to read instructions. WINRAR worked great in opening file. I moved unzipped files to my desktop, I now have a folder "EMPIRE-E" Icon. Ater opening folder I have several EIMIRE Icons to choose from,
I have run Econfig and game runs title screen only.Then the error mesg. says "program has performed illegal action and will shut down". My computer skills and knowledg are coming around slooowy. But don't know were to go from here. Any help with this problem would be great.

thks LONGSNOOZ :(