The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Comments / Discussion - Master of Orion II: Battle at Antares (1996) - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: EqlbN
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 21:10 on June 24th, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Correct, the game comes in a combined MS-DOS/Windows version, and yes, the one for Windows is quite unstable. No graphical or gameplay differences, though.

As for races, I'm always designing my own, with subterran and unification being the central settings. The former increases population significantly (and more population means more everything), the latter increases production so that without it, I don't even really see how some planets should ever be colonized.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 18:03 on June 24th, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Bachelor Gumby
I loved this game! It was just great and I have to admit that I liked it more than Part 1!

I was really happy as I saw MoO3 in a store and I bought it immediately... A huge mistage :angry: In my opinion MoO3 wasn't more than a piece of "something"...

Back to MoO2. If I remember correctly the game run under DOS and Windows95 - but as it crashed very often under the windows gui(at least on my PC) I mostly played the DOS version of it. I think there were no grafical or other differences between those versions.

My favourite race were the "Psilon" - getting fast new technologie rocked :)
-----
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
Posted at 15:46 on June 24th, 2009 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Feel free to share anything about Master of Orion II: Battle at Antares (1996) here!
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!