The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Vox Pops - Football huns - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: ZmlhG
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 11:46 on July 12th, 2010 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
It was some sort of unintelligible chant.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 11:17 on July 12th, 2010 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Master Gumby
Hm... now I'm imagining you "singing along"... what did you have to sing? "Deutschland ist der geilste Club der Welt"? Or just the classic "Schlaaaaaaaaaaand"? :D
Posted at 08:55 on July 12th, 2010 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Oh, it's the same, yes. After the Germany-Argentina game, I ran into a horde of guys 'singing' and urging everybody else to 'sing along'. People who didn't caught a fairly aggressive "No real Germans here or what?".

Up until the very last minute yesterday, I did expect Wesley Crusher (T-Pow's favourite character) to 'save the day' for the Dutch - as he usually did when he was still in the series. New screenwriters?
-----
-----
Edited by Mr Creosote at 10:22 on July 12th, 2010
Posted at 08:43 on July 12th, 2010 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Thankfully this is a tranquil city, so they just got tired around two or three on the morning, and probably went to get drunk on the other side of the city.

I find people get too excited with the football cups, but also it's that I never liked all these patriotic displays, like all these people singing "I'm spanish", that happen when the team wins (only on the big cups of course, when it's all about the national teams everybody goes back to being regionalistic).

I suppose it's the same everywhere, but the football cult is really strong in Spain, just yesterday, being the world cup, it got bigger than ever.
Posted at 08:08 on July 12th, 2010 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
I personaly don't like soccer too. But I'm glad that Spain has won the world cup. You cannot imagine what would have happened here if the Netherlands had won (I'm living next to the dutch border).
Posted at 07:38 on July 12th, 2010 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
You should still be glad. It only gets really dangerous if 'their' team loses - then people become really aggressive towards everybody they meet.

A funny thing happened to me four years ago. It was after the semi final of Italy against Germany. Reminder: Italy won. On the way home, I found myself is a subway train full of Italian fans! All drunk, of course. I tried to stay as inconspicuous as possible, as you can imagine, and I got home without bruises or injuries ;)
-----
-----
Edited by Mr Creosote at 08:06 on July 12th, 2010
Posted at 22:05 on July 11th, 2010 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
I was coming home as the match ended and it looks just like if the city got invaded. Hordes of people yelling, making noises with the trumpets and throwing crackers and rockets. I know the country won the cup and all that, but I never got so much enthusiasm.

But the worse if for my dog (bitch, actually, but that sounds pretty insulting), she is going to die on a heart stroke at any moment.