The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Comments / Discussion - Harvester (1996) - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: IuGal
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 16:44 on January 22nd, 2013 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Anyway, this is still a reviews page, not a downloads one. So people come here to know about games, not just to download them.
Posted at 19:48 on January 20th, 2013 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
I always find it fascinating when people apparently find it easier to register and post a complaint rather than taking ten seconds to access and process readily available information.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 19:36 on January 20th, 2013 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
Quote:
Read the bold text on the game's page?

Too late for adding that details there Mr Creosote I found it at other site..
Thanks for nothing Good Old Days!
Posted at 19:05 on January 19th, 2013 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Originally posted by RJG at 18:55 on January 19th, 2013:
I just sign up to this website only to download this game, and when I tried it I get this mesage: 550 Can't change directory to /pub/pc/harvester1.7z: No such file or directory wtf is this??
Damn, I´m tired of seeking this game...

Read the bold text on the game's page?
-----
Posted at 18:55 on January 19th, 2013 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
I just sign up to this website only to download this game, and when I tried it I get this mesage: 550 Can't change directory to /pub/pc/harvester1.7z: No such file or directory wtf is this??
Damn, I´m tired of seeking this game...
Posted at 22:18 on April 23rd, 2011 | Quote | Edit | Delete
I think the comic author you are talking is Miguel Ángel Martín. He's great. I really like his Brian the brain. But I agree with you: his comics can be shocking. But, if you can get past that first moment, there is a real interesting, although crude, critical view about of society.
Posted at 21:02 on July 14th, 2010 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Yes, that's the thing. It's like a comic author, of which I never recall the name (he is Spanish, so I have some of his comics on the comic magazines collection, but looking for him will take some time). I'm used to violence on comics, usually extreme violence ends being so surreal that's it's laughable. But this guy mixed violence, sex and thing that on other people would be interesting sci-fi gimmicks and makes shocking comics, all with a cute drawing style.

He is the only comic author that can make me feel sick, and it's all due to the way he does things. The style and context can be much more shocking than what is happening.
Posted at 20:52 on July 14th, 2010 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
In pure amount of blood, there are many games which surpass it by now. Though the thing is that the toughest scenes in Harvester are all embedded into a context. It's not just violence, but there's always a psychological aspect which makes it harder to stomach - simple as this setup may be at times.

For example, there is a scene in which a group of children are eating their own mother - who is alive and not struggling, but simply takes it (she even talks to the protagonist in the scene, remarking on the action). That's the sort of thing I don't really need to see in graphic detail.
-----
Posted at 20:41 on July 14th, 2010 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
I saw once a video from this game, and even though I'm not shocked easily nowadays, it was gruesome.
Posted at 08:54 on July 14th, 2010 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Feel free to share anything about Harvester (1996) here!
-----