The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Software Galore - Soldat - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: !Jen4
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 16:20 on May 1st, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
Actually, anybody that is using a trainer to cheat gets auto-booted. If you went to a game that said "so-and-so has been kick/banned" or osmething like that "for cheating", it means that he had just put on a trainer. It was really bad with previous versions without this auto-kick, but ever since it's been great fun. If you're one of those people that say "he killed me in one shot, and therefore is cheating", you're an idiot. I doubt you mean that, though.

Soldat's biggest problem is embiciles who 1yk 2 t0k lyk thiz. 'tis a problem with every online game, though.

Sterge: That's just how the ball bounces, unfortunately. I used to have a problem with the bars health, ammo, and other bars disappearing after I lost about 1/3rd of it, but I registered so I can use the text interface (everything's text, in case you didn't know that). The bars are still missing if I use the default interface, though I heard that it has to do with OpenGL, not DirectX. Either way, it's still playable without the bars.

Edited by Da_Goat at 00:34 on May, 01st 2003
-----
Mock ugly people. Praise ugly goats.
Posted at 15:01 on May 1st, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
The game is plauged with the same thing every multi-player game is - cheating.

It's just stupid. Why even play the game then? Oh well...
-----
Keep your stick on the ice
Posted at 10:11 on May 1st, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Unfortunatly, it seems to be a very common error nowaday and has absolutly nothing to do with the game itself.
-----
I am on a hot streak... Litterally.
Posted at 00:35 on May 1st, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Stupid Game won't run somethnig about a Dirext X 8 things won't accept my Video card :S
-----
Not all That Glitters Is Gold, Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost.
Posted at 12:31 on April 30th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
I don't know....fans of "Liero" seem to love this game, though I don't think it's a lot like Liero. Then again, I am a fan of both games, so maybe there is something about it that reminds me of Liero and therefore attracts me. I dunno. I like it more due to the Abuse-i-ness of it.
-----
Posted at 10:01 on April 30th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Hehe... If this is anything like Worms it should be fun; I'll be sure to give it a try soon.
-----
"One Very Important Thought"
Posted at 21:36 on April 29th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
Morrowind? Bah. Best games ever made, in no particular order:
Soldat, Beneath a Steel Sky, Tyrian 2000, Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II, Thief/Thief 2, Chrono Trigger.
-----
Posted at 20:18 on April 29th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Master Gumby
Soldat is a great game, we play it at our (university) department's lab all the time. Although I don't like the background graphics, gameplay is brilliant.

http://www.soldat.prv.pl/

And the best game ever made is Morrowind ;)
Posted at 16:14 on April 29th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
I didn't know the future had certain lengths, but I might try this in a week or two or so...
-----
Keep your stick on the ice
Posted at 15:34 on April 29th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Neither did I ever heard of it nor will I plan to ever try it in a medium to long future.
-----
I am on a hot streak... Litterally.
Posted at 15:02 on April 29th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
*sigh* I hate it when people take things too literally.

Well, if you haven't played it, play it.

By the way, there will be a nag screen when you start it up that says you won't be able to play it after such and such a time. The author said he put that there just to scare people. It will never end.
-----
Posted at 14:33 on April 29th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
I'm not going to believe you haven't heard of it
I've never heard of it. And now you think I'm lying?
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 14:22 on April 29th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
Out of curiosity, does anybody here besides myself play Soldat? I'm not going to believe you haven't heard of it, as I've gone to non-gaming forums where people are talking about it.

Well....just in case you're oblivious, Soldat (Soldier in German, Polish, and some other languages) is a one-of-a-kind game.....sort of. It takes the game play and controls of Abuse (you can run from side to side, you use the keyboard to move and mouse to aim, etc.), the hectic-ness of Unreal Tournament, and the weapon system of Counterstrike (pick a weapon before the game starts, and use that 'til you die again). There are quite a few modes of play, including Rambomatch (one person gets a fire bow and the others have to try and kill him...sort of like tag, in a way), Capture the Flag, Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Pointmatch, Infiltration, and I think there's one or two more I can't remember...

I know you might not believe me, but I find Soldat to be the best game ever made. I've had more fun with this game than Beneath a Steel Sky, the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight series, Tyrian 2000, and other games that used to be my favorites.

It's shareware, but extremely lenient shareware (hardly any limits). You don't have limited number of days, and the only thing you get for registering are an mp3 player, custom interfaces, and support. I registered anyway, though, to help the guy (in was only $9, anyway).

So.....go try it, if you haven't. And if anybody else plays it, please tell me.
-----