The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Vox Pops - Religion - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: s3HiP
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 01:35 on May 15th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Quote:
Posted by Da_Goat at 02:25 on May, 13th 2003:

Quote:
Posted by sterge10 at 08:21 on May, 12th 2003:

Why is it that Jehovah's Witnesses feel the need to come to my house and try to convert me?
If I cared I would go to you.
We share Bible truths and share information. Have you ever actually talked to a Jehovah's Witness, or are you basing that on rumors?

Yes I have spoken to Jehovah's Witnesses, we have a kingdom hall 2 streets down, they are good blokes. And now I ask you, are there really any Bible truths?
-----
Not all That Glitters Is Gold, Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost.
Posted at 01:38 on May 14th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
We assume there's only about 800 left, since Jehovah's been chosing people since Jesus' day. The start was the faithful apostles.
Where does this assumption come from then? There must be some indication humans can follow!
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 21:03 on May 13th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
So, if you're not one of the 144,000, what's the point of partaking in the religion? It wouldn't seem to matter...
-----
Keep your stick on the ice
Posted at 17:10 on May 13th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
Quote:
Posted by Mr Creosote at 20:04 on May, 13th 2003:

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I meant how do other people know if, for example, you are chosen?
You mean how do I, personally, know if somebody else is one of the 144,000? We don't know, for sure. The 144,000 are the ones that partake of the unleavened bread and red wine during the Memorial (Nisan 14th), but there are those who are "fakes".
-----
Mock ugly people. Praise ugly goats.
Posted at 15:55 on May 13th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
According to the 2001 survey, 20000 Québécois said their religion were named "Jedi"... So, we have around 20000 Jedi around here to defend us... :D
-----
I am on a hot streak... Litterally.
Posted at 12:04 on May 13th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I meant how do other people know if, for example, you are chosen?
-----
Posted at 12:02 on May 13th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
You mean how do the people know who he's chosen? I've already told you. If you're "chosen", you'll have absolutely no doubt in your mind that you're going to heaven.

We assume there's only about 800 left, since Jehovah's been chosing people since Jesus' day. The start was the faithful apostles.
-----
Posted at 11:23 on May 13th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Goat: And how does 'God' voice his choice?
-----
Posted at 10:37 on May 13th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Well, since I haven't told, this is what I believe.
The next "exsistance", whether it be meta-physical, some spirtial jobbie, or what have you, I don't think anyone can be sure. But EVERYBODY ends up there. No matter what happens, you go.
-----
Posted at 18:25 on May 12th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
Quote:
Posted by sterge10 at 08:21 on May, 12th 2003:

Why is it that Jehovah's Witnesses feel the need to come to my house and try to convert me?
We share Bible truths and share information. Have you ever actually talked to a Jehovah's Witness, or are you basing that on rumors?

Tuss: This'll sound stupid, but God. The only way you know that your "chosen" is if you're absolutely positive that you're going to heaven when you die. If you think you're going to heaven when you die, you're not of the 144,000. There has to be no doubt in your head that you will go to heaven. Yes, there are most likely those who profess falsely, but if they do, they do.

If you have a good heart, you're ressurected on a paradise Earth, and will live forever (or at least for the 1000 year reign of Jesus). Only Jehovah can tell who has a good heart and who doesn't. If Jehovah believes you have a bad heart, you will die, and be dead forever. We don't believe in Hell.

And that's our beliefs.
-----
Posted at 16:14 on May 12th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Over 6 million? Then who choses the 144,000?
-----
Posted at 06:05 on May 12th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
My official religion is Astaru, as of the New Zealand census of 2001.
-----
Atheism is a Non-Prophet Organisation
Posted at 00:21 on May 12th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
-----
Not all That Glitters Is Gold, Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost.
Posted at 23:42 on May 11th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
Here's a chart (from 2001) that tells you a lot of the specific numbers, including total number of Jehovah's Witnesses. I'm not sure why they don't have the 2002 one up. If I find my personal chart at home, I'll tell you the stats for 2002, if you so desire.
-----
Posted at 10:16 on May 11th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
I'd just like to know, how many people are in the Witness church, worldwide.
-----
Posted at 03:08 on May 11th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Well, this table on the end of the page sums it up nicely why I will never believe in any of this:
Quote:
Bible is God's Word and is truth

Bible is more reliable than tradition
Both these things are 'proved' with quotes from the bible itself! That is the eternal mistake christians make in their reasoning to 'prove' what their bible says is right: in all their arguments, they already assume it is. With that basis lost, all the other 'proof' crumbles down to dust.
-----
Posted at 23:17 on May 10th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
Just the first line. We only come in if people offer it ;)

As for our beliefs, at the bottom of this page, you'll find a table that lists many of them and the scriptures we use to back up our beliefs.
-----
Posted at 12:33 on May 9th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Well, I don't what's the diffeence between the Jehovah Witnesses and other Christians. However, I know they're quite famous here for knocking on every door they see. "Have you ever wondered what life is all about? May we come in for a moment?" ;)
Posted at 12:25 on May 9th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
I didn't say I didn't have a god; I just said I wasn't a member of a religion :P
-----
NetDanzr<br />
-The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog-
Posted at 11:18 on May 9th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
So we have two religious members: Goat and NetDanzr. No, your lie didn't work - we all know money is your god :P
-----