The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Site Issues - Hi everyone - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: y9eJJ
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 16:47 on August 12th, 2012 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Thanks, it's all on the site now!
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 16:12 on August 12th, 2012 | Quote | Edit | Delete | Delete Attachment
Baby Gumby
You're right, I mixed up the images... I attached some new ones of the VGA version, hope they work...
Attachment: *****
Posted at 09:44 on August 12th, 2012 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Hello culichi,

so I might as well reply here. The review and the game data (year of release: 1991) seem to indicate that you refer to the VGA remake of Leisure Suit Larry here. However, the screenshots you sent in are from the original version. Also, these screenshots are all resized, i.e. the pixels are squashed and last, but not least, they are saved in JPEG format, leading to further artifacts.

So we really need the right screenshots, showing the actual version of the game you're reviewing. At least the title screen and four in-game shots (i.e. one more than you sent). All in the original size (320x200), preferably saved in PNG format. Just to be saved, I'd also like to mention that you will need to make those screenshots yourself. Do not take them from other websites! Just mentioning it, because we can't use that boxscan from Mobygames you sent in. It's very easy to make screenshots in Dosbox: Just press Ctrl+F5.

Once this is sorted out, I will approve the game immediately :)
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 02:47 on August 12th, 2012 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
Really interesting site, I'm from Mexico and been about two years now building vintage computers and stashing them with cool games. This site offers great reviews and files. Hope my contributions help the site grow.