The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Vox Pops - Sony Liverpool Shut Down - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: xG2BE
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 16:25 on September 7th, 2012 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
If you have any more questions, need support or advice, let me know!
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 13:12 on September 7th, 2012 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Bachelor Gumby
Thanks.

I'll take my time though, need to be in the right mood to write a review, and i have never done this before. But i am sure my knowledge of snes games should do them just. :D
-----
daddy was just a girl in disguise...
-----
Edited by pepsiman at 13:18 on September 7th, 2012
Posted at 21:56 on September 6th, 2012 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
1) If there is already a review, there are also already screenshots. You can use them. However, on the same game page, there is also a link called "Add Files" which might be what you're looking for. Or, you can also get there by selecting "Share" in the main menu and then "Add Files" in the submenu on the following page.

2) The "Super Castlevania IV" game information you entered was saved fine. The second step would have been uploading screenshots (and other files). Since you're the second person already to be confused by the message about e-mails, I will definitely reword this, though. You can simply continue this game entry by going to /uploadform/id%2C0/title%2CSuper+Castlevania+IV/. Everything you do from there will simply be appended to what you entered earlier.
-----
Posted at 21:35 on September 6th, 2012 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Bachelor Gumby
This requires explaining.

You have two ways of submitting a review on your site

1) there is already a review available and a text window is displayed for the review (german/english)
2) you submit a completely new game

in 1) it is unclear what to do if you want to submit new screenshot material. it says something about game id and available screenshots - but it seems there is no way to submit new material.

in 2) i didn't check further than step 2, i was freaked out by the message "check your mailbox" - this scared me off, i was just intending to scope out the procedure. saying - i didn't even go to the step with the screenshots.

i don't know if it really needs any adjustments though, this was just my initial reaction.
-----
Posted at 20:53 on September 6th, 2012 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
No, there are no screenshots available yet. You need to make them yourself (a minimum of four in-game screens and the title). Which part is not clear enough? I will try to make it clearer for future generations, then.
-----
Posted at 20:48 on September 6th, 2012 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Bachelor Gumby
I was hoping for such a response :)

I just checked your "submit review" form, and i didn't quite understand the screenshot part. Do you have an extensive library of screenshots, even from games that have not been reviewed yet?
I intend to make my own screenshots (1-3 per game) and somehow integrate them in the reviews.

(in the process i may have accidentally submitted something for super castlevania 4, though i am not ready to review it yet)
-----
-----
Edited by pepsiman at 21:25 on September 6th, 2012
Posted at 19:35 on September 6th, 2012 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Heh, don't worry :D As you know, though, the contents of this site are composed of whatever people enter in it. So if you feel something is "missing", feel free to change that undesirable status!

That said, some of the games are on the site in other versions. Which also shouldn't stop you with those version you care about, of course.

zelda
out of this world
flashback
lost vikings
blackthorne
-----
Posted at 19:18 on September 6th, 2012 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Bachelor Gumby
Oh crap! I spelt the name of the site wrong completely, don't take that too personal. I am under the influence. :P
-----
-----
Edited by pepsiman at 19:21 on September 6th, 2012
Posted at 18:28 on September 6th, 2012 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Oh, I'm not trying to start a "new versus old games" discussion here. Even when I was still following all new developments of computer games, I was actually not aware of the existence of the Playstation. This was not by choice, it really just escaped my attention. I'm sure there were great games on that system, too!

Quote:
Oh and i've just checked through the snes section of goodoldames and i found many classics missing!

Maybe you should tell them, then?
-----
Posted at 17:44 on September 6th, 2012 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Bachelor Gumby
Wipeout was a good franchise, i'm aware you're not into the newer games, but it was really enjoyable. High speed races with shitty controls and if your craft crashed too much, it would simply explode and you'd have to start the track over. Paired with some mariocart-esque weapons (missiles and bombs) it really made for some exciting hours of gameplay.

I usually play it half drunk before going out. In bigger rounds it was fun, because there were many occasions to hand the controller over, and the soundtrack was so good, you could just leave it running in the background, if you were up for some action.

Speaking of soundtracks, i've really grown to love the snes and nes music for some reason, i think it may have influenced modern music in some way.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75J2ii-7cgE

Oh and i've just checked through the snes section of goodoldames and i found many classics missing!

super punch out
super castlevania
zelda
contra 3
mega man x1-3
prince of persia
out of this world
flashback
terranigma
smash Tv
yoshi's island & mario world
chrono trigger
wild guns
aladdin
f-zero & mario kart
illusion of time (illusion of gaia)
lost vikings 1&2
blackthorne
r-type III

just from the top of my head.
-----
-----
Edited by pepsiman at 18:05 on September 6th, 2012
Posted at 06:10 on September 6th, 2012 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Well, their first game after becoming part of Sony was Last Action Hero. I pretty much lost faith in them at that point :pain: I confess the whole Playstation hype passed by me completely unnoticed, though, so I may have missed something there.
-----
-----
Edited by Mr Creosote at 06:12 on September 6th, 2012
Posted at 20:30 on September 5th, 2012 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Bachelor Gumby
Mainly Wipeout follow ups, but they were good! The games were quite hard, unique, stylisitc and had awesome soundtracks. If you had any relation to electronic music, wipeout was always trendsetting. Back in the days as psygnosis their games never were mind blowing, but worth playing occasionally.

I'm really going to miss them, i've like known them since i started playing videogames a couple of decades back!
-----
-----
Edited by pepsiman at 20:34 on September 5th, 2012
Posted at 16:14 on September 5th, 2012 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
You should probably mention that "Sony Liverpool" is Psygnosis - otherwise, nobody will understand why you're in shock ;)

So, what did they develop in recent years?
-----
Posted at 15:41 on September 5th, 2012 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Bachelor Gumby
Sony has released an official statement

"As part of SCE Worldwide Studios, we do regular reviews to ensure that the resources we have can create and produce high quality, innovative, and commercially viable projects in an increasingly competitive market place. As part of this process, we have reviewed and assessed all current and planned projects for the short- and medium-term and have decided to make some changes to our European Studios.

"It has been decided that Liverpool Studio should be closed. Liverpool Studio has been an important part of SCE Worldwide Studios since the outset of PlayStation, and have contributed greatly to PlayStation over the years. Everyone connected with Liverpool Studio, past and present, can be very proud of their achievements.
"However, it was felt that by focusing our investment plans on other Studios that are currently working on exciting new projects, we would be in a stronger position to offer the best possible content for our consumers.
"Our Liverpool Facility will continue to operate, housing a number of other vital WWS!E and SCEE Departments.
"This should not take anything away from the great work WWS are doing and the incredible games and services that we have made, and continue to make, both for this coming year and further in the future."

nooooooooooooo! *sob*
-----