Game:

The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Reviewed Games - Comments / Discussion - SpellCraft: Aspects of Valor (1992) - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: 3pX81
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 20:52 on November 24th, 2012 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
This game could have been great if it had actually been about experimenting with spell ingredients to create new and possibly unexpected effects, in the same vein as the tiny genre of species mutation/evolution tried with life forms. When it turned out to be a stupid exercise in repetive ingredient collection tasks and tedious cooking lessons which explicitly forbid any experimentation, I was thouroughly disappointed.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 20:04 on November 24th, 2012 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
For a moment I was almost tempted to give this a try, because I like complex magic systems and this one sounds as complex as it will get... alltough it also does sound like a very weak excuse of a copy protection.

BUT what ultimately stopped me from starting it up was one screenshot... the druid. Come on! Whoever came up with that hippie-treehugging nonsense! :P By bristle and bramble! Druids are merciless manifestations of raw and untamed mother nature! :D
-----
Dear Sir, I object strongly with the last thread, and the next post.
Posted at 18:47 on November 24th, 2012 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Quote:
Get your spellbook ready, you are going to learn some serious magic. Soon you will be able to mix reagents, chant magical words and create spells to help yourself on the battlefield so, as per usual, you can save the world. Just that this time magic, and not just your sword, will be your main weapon.

Read more...