The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Vox Pops - Al Lowe has finally got on video! (2012) - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: wNYVC
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 17:38 on June 27th, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Deceased Gumby
Well, the Larry series can get quite childish at times, but as far as the first three games are concerned, I think there is an interesting development, a certain maturation process. Larry shows some character growth and playing a female character in the third part, was an ingenious idea, that let you see some things from a totally different perspective. Personally I like the second game the best, because it does not solely rely on cheap innuendos.

Quest for Glory is also my favorite Sierra Quest-series, mainly because it featured non-linear story-telling and had some nice role playing mechanics on top of that. It was also the first adventure game I played and on the long run it got me into Fantasy and Pen&Paper role playing.
-----
The known is finite, the unknown infinite. - Thomas Henry Huxley
Posted at 20:39 on June 22nd, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
Actually, i wouldn't say Larry series is that immature. Although funny and exaggerated to a degree, but it does in fact provide you with a lot of valid material regarding certain life aspects ;) To know THAT, one has to have gone through it himself ;)

Anyway, my favorite was Quest for Glory. Those were the best days for me, indeed. Most fabulous adventure...
-----
Cheer up! Remember the less you have, the more there is to get.
-----
Edited by Vagabond at 20:44 on June 22nd, 2014
Posted at 17:57 on June 22nd, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Deceased Gumby
Yep, he always seemd a very genial person to me too and I think it also show in his games. As immature as the Larry games might be, I think it's one of the few Sierra series where the game laughs with the player (Space Quest also comes close but it's a bit too cynical to me).

As for the video for the Kickstarter: I am yet undecided whether I am glad this Remake didn't work out.
-----
The known is finite, the unknown infinite. - Thomas Henry Huxley
Posted at 07:43 on June 22nd, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Here is another nice, retro focused interview with him: Part 1, Part 2.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 00:23 on June 22nd, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
Hey fellas! I bet i don't have to lecture you on who Al Lowe is and what he has done, but... here he is, in the flesh, fully animated and giving a brief insight into how it all began for him and Larry:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyKVjAfxtTs

Appears he IS in fact quite a funny fellow, and not just a cynical pretender. I wouldn't mind having a few glasses of beer with the guy! Would you?
-----
Cheer up! Remember the less you have, the more there is to get.
-----
Edited by Vagabond at 00:26 on June 22nd, 2014