The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Comments / Discussion - Fairlight: A Prelude (1985) - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: LMlcb
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 18:01 on July 18th, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
Quote:
So, did I get this right: When you kill a guard it drops a helmet which you have to dispose of in the twister or he will respawn? Sounds a bit contrived… but also rather cool.

Yes, and i remember doing mass cleaning in the castle, by killing all the guards i saw on my way and discarding them like this, so that they would never bother me again :)

Quote:
Btw: Can't quite put my finger on it, but somehow the graphics remind of the Game Boy. Maybe it's just the yellow colours and the low resolution.

Well, it surely does look outdated today, but somehow this game gave me different feelings back in my time. I'm not really sure what it is. Perhaps it's the atmosphere which somehow stimulates your imagination and mentally enhances the poorly developed scenery of the game. I'm not sure. Eitherways, it's not a typical spectrum isometric game as it would always get out of line somehow, and it was noticed not only by me, but many spectrum veterans.
-----
Cheer up! Remember the less you have, the more there is to get.
Posted at 17:16 on July 18th, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Deceased Gumby
Originally posted by Moebius at 17:50 on July 16th, 2014:
For example, you can never permanently kill a guard, unless you pick up his helmet, which remains after you killed him and feed it to the nearest twister.

So, did I get this right: When you kill a guard it drops a helmet which you have to dispose of in the twister or he will respawn? Sounds a bit contrived… but also rather cool. :D

Btw: Can't quite put my finger on it, but somehow the graphics remind of the Game Boy. Maybe it's just the yellow colours and the low resolution.
-----
The known is finite, the unknown infinite. - Thomas Henry Huxley
Posted at 17:50 on July 16th, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
Feel free to share anything about Fairlight: A Prelude (1985) here!
-----
Cheer up! Remember the less you have, the more there is to get.