The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Site Issues - Good Old Days - Game Arrangements - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: Nkhnw
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 11:31 on August 31st, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Just a note that this is not forgotten. Doing a prototype is on my list (though admittedly not on top).
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 07:22 on August 21st, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Pupil Gumby
Exactly like that (re: the link)!

Aha, I see. Completely understandable. People always tell me that I procrastinate and am lazy, so this is probably just me wanting the easiest methods.
Posted at 12:47 on August 20th, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
You mean like this: http://solutionarchive.com/list/system%2C3/?

I did it there at the request of the site owner. However, I warned him just as I will say it now: That is inconsistent behaviour in the HMI! Two navigation elements which look the same and which are in the same place (the numbered pagination and the lettering) behave completely differently. On the one hand, you have links to jump through the same list. On the other hand, you have links which narrow the list down, i.e. produce a new list!

If anything, I would only find this useful if both sets of links behaved the same way. I.e. the letter links would also only jump to the respective page number where the selected letter first appears in the existing list.

(On another note, we had an option to directly modify the current list without going through an extra - "advanced search" - page for many years. It got scrapped in 2011, because people deemed it counterintuitive.)
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 23:29 on August 19th, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete | Delete Attachment
Pupil Gumby
Hi Creo, love the site, always have.

I'm using my phone so please forgive me if it's there and I can't see it, but...

Would you consider adding Arrangements in relation to System -> Letter?

Example...

Amiga games with the letter Z (based on my search for Zombi heh) -
http://www.goodolddays.net/list/system%2C1/letter%2Cz/

On the Systems page after clicking, eg. Amiga; there is numbered page listings in alphabetical order but no option to go directly to the page of a chosen letter.

I have chosen Letter from the navigation but that doesn't distinguish between systems.

I know, btw & fyi, that I can use the 'Advanced search' but just wanted to forward this for your kind consideration.

Thanks for your attention. :)
Attachment: *****