The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Site Issues - Disk Image List - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: pbpxT
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 07:50 on June 21st, 2015 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
I see. Well, that was a little too pessimistic of him.
-----
Cheer up! Remember the less you have, the more there is to get.
Posted at 07:23 on June 21st, 2015 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
There was some private communication going on in advance of this which I don't want to disclose in detail for obvious reasons. Let's say he wanted to download floppy images and then complained it is impossible to ever get to 50 points yadda, yadda, yadda…
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 07:12 on June 21st, 2015 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
Originally posted by Mr Creosote at 07:05 on June 21st, 2015:
Sometimes, there is no point arguing ;)

I figured, and that's why it's funny :) Most people would altogether ignore it though... and honestly, i don't get what this guy's prob was. He was denied to download anything or what? Or perhaps jumped to hasty conclusion that there's no point asking even, and he wouldn't receive anything anyway? Gosh.. some people..
-----
Posted at 07:05 on June 21st, 2015 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Sometimes, there is no point arguing ;)
-----
Posted at 00:00 on June 21st, 2015 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
Haha, just stumbled on this thread... the last post sure cracked me up ;)
-----
Posted at 09:10 on October 13th, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Yes, that is all correct.
-----
Posted at 08:48 on October 13th, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Student Gumby
Originally posted by Mr Creosote at 07:44 on October 13th, 2014:
The pattern is the status of who owns the copyright currently. All listed disk images are in our archive. Some companies asked (threatened) us not to distribute their games.

Even though Pheonix said it makes sense, it doesn't! There are hundreds of games downloadable as zip files here. You don't give a sh*t about copyright (which I'm not even blaming you for).

The whole thing about disk images is quite obvious. You want people to supply as much as possible so that you can build your own private archive and brag with it. You are not interested in sharing any disk images. Oh, and that's not an assumption but a fact. See, you don't even allow the download of disk images of games that were made freeware long time ago, like "Beneath A Steel Sky" for example. So what is the pattern again?

The more I read here, the more I see that this site is a bad joke. Having said that, feel free to close my account. I don't see any reason to support this site anymore.
Posted at 07:55 on October 13th, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Master Gumby
So the pattern is there, it's just set behind the scenes by the copyright holder. Makes sense, and I "really" should have thought of that.
Posted at 07:44 on October 13th, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
The pattern is the status of who owns the copyright currently. All listed disk images are in our archive. Some companies asked (threatened) us not to distribute their games.
-----
Posted at 07:30 on October 13th, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Master Gumby
Just out of curiosity, is the list of Disk Images a list of what you have, or just what you have information on? I've been browsing with an eye to going through my physical disks (when I can get them out of storage,) or if/when I find more of my archive CD's. The thing is, I've noticed that many don't have the download link. The first time I noticed this it was listed as "unverified," so I just thought the images were still being tested or whatever. However, I've also been seeing it with others listed as verified, I've also seen unverified listings "with" the download. I haven't been able to determine a pattern. So, just curious... Is there a pattern that I'm to dense to find?

I'm also hoping to replace any disks that are lost to time now. That no longer work and that I either don't have archived, or archived poorly in the first place. So far, the only one I've found is Tie Fighter: Defender of the Empire. Can install Tie Fighter just fine, but DotE is gone, and my archive of it was a bad dump. Not "that" worried about it as I have the CD version around here somewhere, it's just frustrating is all :(