The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Site Issues - Forum Colors - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: n50k@
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 06:08 on July 27th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Bastard. :P
-----
At the end of the day, you're left with a bent fork & a pissed off rhino.
Posted at 04:58 on July 27th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Good thing I avoided using lame CSS :evil:
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 20:15 on July 26th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
What do you expect here at the SPAM club?

If the colors were included in the CSS, then I could use proxomitron to replace the css with one of my own and be able to view the board in any colors I want. :D
-----
Posted at 19:19 on July 26th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Pupil Gumby
maybe we should just concentrate on the content
instead of babbling for 3 pages about colours ;)
-----
"we're the all singing all dancing crap of the world"(FC)
Posted at 14:56 on July 26th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Even though such a system wouldn't be that hard to program, I still have my doubts. First, there are the (few) graphics of this forum. At the moment, they're all made for light backgrounds. Especially the logo will look like total crap on a dark background! Same with the smileys. And remember what happened in the old forum when there was a 'skinning' system: the first thing NetDanzr did was to change his signature text to black manually. That certainly looked good for the skin he had chosen, but it was unreadable on the default brown one! Why don't we just avoid all these problems?
-----
Posted at 13:18 on July 26th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
I really prefer the yellow color over the current sheme, but I guess I won't go against the majority...

I still think user templates would be better. Let everyone choose the color they wish. How hard would it be to make the very user from choosing the color he/she wants? No templates needed, just a slight change in the code which display color X.
-----
I am on a hot streak... Litterally.
Posted at 23:18 on July 24th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Master Gumby
I hate the new scheme. The old yellow-grey one was much better! This is too bland!
Posted at 16:33 on July 24th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
The contrast could easily be toned down while still maintaining the overall appearance.

Beyond a certain point, more contrast is harder on the eyes. On the other hand, too little contrast is also hard on the eyes. When you have to be 3 inches from your screen in order to read the text, you know you have too little contrast.
-----
Posted at 15:59 on July 24th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
There was one thing I didn`t particularly like about your colour schemes: too much contrast. That might look good at first, but it's not easy to the eyes on the long term.
-----
Posted at 15:29 on July 24th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
One of my dark themes would have been better, but this is definitely an improvement over the yellow.

btw It's not that I hate yellow or anything, it's that the yellow was completely out of place, there was nothing to tie it into the grey. If there was yellow, orange, or green somewhere else on the board, the yellow headers would look ok.
-----
Posted at 11:02 on July 24th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Who says these people are fully clothed?
-----
Posted at 11:01 on July 24th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Hmm, I've yet to see/experience sex whilst fully clothed in racer-outfits and wearing helmets... Somehow seems like it would unnecesarily complicate things, no?
-----
"In theory, if people bred as fast as ants, and with an equal indifference for it's surrounding species, earth would have 5 million human inhabitants at the turn of the century. But this, of course, is highly unthinkable"
Posted at 10:59 on July 24th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
They're not having sex (yet), just congratulating eachother on still being alive. It's from The Killings At Outpost Zeta, but nevertheless it's your right to see it anyway your perverted mind wants to see it. :)
-----
"One Very Important Thought"
Posted at 10:57 on July 24th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Or maybe you just don't know what sex is when you see it :P
-----
Posted at 10:55 on July 24th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
maybe it seems like that to you Creo because you're the perverted one... What I see is two racers congratulating each other for a good race :P
-----
"In theory, if people bred as fast as ants, and with an equal indifference for it's surrounding species, earth would have 5 million human inhabitants at the turn of the century. But this, of course, is highly unthinkable"
Posted at 10:52 on July 24th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Bah! Perverted people having perverted sex - you call that beautiful? :angry:
-----
Posted at 10:46 on July 24th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
I like it, I think most colours would be acceptable for the headers, but the rest is excellent as it was, so I'm glad that didn't change...

As for avatars clashing, that's a matter of personal taste, although mine looks so universally beautiful it would never clash with anything of course! :P
-----
"One Very Important Thought"
Posted at 10:42 on July 24th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Well, I got used to it meanwhile, too. :)
Posted at 10:40 on July 24th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
but like the current green-greyish over the yelow ones...
That is why I said "a little" greener ;)

Edited by Mr Creosote at 18:40 on July, 24th 2003
-----
Posted at 10:38 on July 24th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
I don't think it's dull at all... Why does something have to have colour in order to be interesting? I would prefer the yellow bars over green ones but like the current green-greyish over the yellow ones...

Edited by Pada1 at 18:44 on July, 24th 2003
-----