The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Site Issues - Disk image download questions - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: nHdB7
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 17:30 on October 6th, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Sorry, this is indeed missing! I'll try to amend this by this weekend.

Also, I seem to have missed your question #4 before. Downloading the same archive twice will not cost twice.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 16:50 on October 6th, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Pupil Gumby
Is there some where you can see the counter?
-----
Non-System disk or disk error

replace and strike any key when ready
Posted at 13:43 on October 6th, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Your interpretation is correct. The site will count how many floppy image archives you downloaded and match that number against your earned points. One point per archive, regardless how many files are inside. One download, one point, regardless if it's a different game or another version.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
-----
Edited by Mr Creosote at 15:00 on October 6th, 2016
Posted at 11:11 on October 6th, 2016 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Pupil Gumby
According to the FAQ, contributors with at least 50 points can download one "game" per contribution point.

Some questions:

1. Is there a counter that's visible somewhere to see how many points you've "spent?" I didn't find anything like that in my profile page or in disk image archive itself.

2. Does one "game" mean a single archive of images? So, if I download one 7z file with multiple disks that is one point?

3. Some games have multiple archive files each with a different variation or version, I assume each individual variant downloaded costs one point?

4. If I download the same file twice does that cost one point each time or can you download files that you've already downloaded again for "free?"

Thanks!
-----
Non-System disk or disk error

replace and strike any key when ready