The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Software Galore - Civilization: The Boardgame - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: ul4@$
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 05:07 on September 16th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Hmmm..... I'm considering it.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 04:54 on September 16th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
Who said you should fly, swim, that way I can catch up too :P
-----
Lets make this a beefy place
Posted at 04:27 on September 16th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
I don't like flying :P
-----
Posted at 19:10 on September 15th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Maybe you need another one? Why don't you go to Hawai for a few weeks (and allow me ample time to catch up the 200 posts I'm behind :evil:) ;)
-----
"In theory, if people bred as fast as ants, and with an equal indifference for it's surrounding species, earth would have 5 million human inhabitants at the turn of the century. But this, of course, is highly unthinkable"
Posted at 04:12 on September 11th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
I vaguely remember something vacation-like 1.5 years ago...
-----
Posted at 16:14 on September 10th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
k, my post didn't sound quite so pathetic in my head... Of course I'm never online 24/7 because I do still have a life IRL... But I do hope you're mocking me by claiming not to know what vacation is...
-----
"In theory, if people bred as fast as ants, and with an equal indifference for it's surrounding species, earth would have 5 million human inhabitants at the turn of the century. But this, of course, is highly unthinkable"
Posted at 16:06 on September 10th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Don't remember ever experiencing this :(
-----
Posted at 16:06 on September 10th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
It's that thing when you get to be online 24/7 for a few weeks and nobody complains about you not going to class and such :)
-----
Posted at 16:04 on September 10th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
What is 'vacation'?
-----
Posted at 15:59 on September 10th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Yup, for the first time in months I have more time than I can handle... Long live vacation... :)
-----
Posted at 15:58 on September 10th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
You have too much free time :P
-----
Posted at 15:56 on September 10th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
I suspected as much... Not that I think ND will actually fly over from America to play a game with us... Maybe we could play the pc-version online and defeat the entire purpose of the board-game? :)
-----
Posted at 15:49 on September 10th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Bah - my willingness to visit the Netherlands for a meeting has drastically decreased since last time :angry:
-----
Posted at 15:46 on September 10th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
No offense but if I have to travel to the US to test a game, the chances of me liking it will severly diminish since I really dislike travel and that will ruin my mood in the entire game making it a less enjoyable experience for everyone when a psychotic tyrant kicks all your butts :) It would be much fairer if NetDanzr would come here (Europe) and maybe we could roundez-vous in Sneek to play :P
-----
Posted at 15:42 on September 10th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
I'm sure NetDanzr will invite us all for some testing ;)
-----
Posted at 15:35 on September 10th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Like Cypher says, it sounds interesting but I'ld have to play it first before I can judge if I actually like it or not...
-----
Posted at 11:40 on September 10th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Sounds interesting. I like more complex games like Risk, Lionheart (sort of a cross between risk, stratego, and chess, made by the same company as risk and stratego), clue, etc. Most board game are as old hat as platform vid games.
-----
At the end of the day, you're left with a bent fork & a pissed off rhino.
Posted at 11:33 on September 10th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
I've been hearing about the game for a while, but was very sceptical, due to the complicated PC rules. The preview made me change my mind; I agree that the rules make the game seem quite simple. I'll read a few reviews before I buy it, though; I'm still worried about the game balance.
-----
NetDanzr<br />
-The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog-
Posted at 11:11 on September 10th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
From the preview, it sounds as if it might work. The number of figures seems discouraging though - and the game will probably take too long. What's said about the rules makes sense on the other hand. It might actually be easier to play than Advannced Civilization...
-----
Posted at 10:51 on September 10th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Anyone heard of this one? You can pre-order it here, and read a good preview here. I'm giving the game a second look, and may end up buying it; the execution of the PC concept seems to be very good...
-----
NetDanzr<br />
-The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog-