The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Software Galore - Another One Bites the Dust - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: sNR6q
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 18:10 on November 9th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
I never finished it. Never even ran out of time; I was always killed. And I never had the patience to try over and over again, only to hit the wrong key in a crucial moment.
-----
NetDanzr<br />
-The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog-
Posted at 01:01 on November 9th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
I was always scared by those huge blades you see everywhere in the game. I used to play the game with the sound off because their sound scared the hell out of me. :embarassed:
-----
"One Very Important Thought"
Posted at 17:16 on November 8th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
The bit that screwed me up was the invisible bridge that appears when you walk of the ledge. I spent weeks, probably months, looking for other ways, jumping, getting angry and smashing keyboards on the floor, until eventually I walked of the edge by accident, realised what a fool I had been and felt suicidal for a few days.
Posted at 16:24 on November 8th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
It really is just a matter of practice and in time you know all the levels by heart. the only really tricky part in my opinion is that one really fat guard that stands two spaces or so away from a deep fall so you have limited time to draw your sword and force him backwards but this guard is one of the few that can actually parry and such so he more then once forced me down the deep end...
-----
"In theory, if people bred as fast as ants, and with an equal indifference for it's surrounding species, earth would have 5 million human inhabitants at the turn of the century. But this, of course, is highly unthinkable"
Posted at 11:58 on November 8th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
You finished it? Without cheating? My fullest respect for that. It was (and still is) way too hard for me! Even when I'm not falling to my death, the time limit will get me :(
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 11:19 on November 8th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Goddamn how I loved the original Prince Of Persia; I even think it was the first computer game I ever finished. But the sequel (although still good) just wasn't quite the same... Anyway, I'm glad to hear the original developer is apparently not involved in the creation of this new game.
-----
"One Very Important Thought"
Posted at 15:55 on November 7th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
I wonder what Mechner is up to these days... he seems to have disappeared from the industry completely after The Last Express... he's probably rotating in his grave ;)
-----
Posted at 15:46 on November 7th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
No, this is Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. Released in UK 21st Nov 2003. Not sure how long US have ahd it, certainly not long.

That date is for consoles, the PC version is not out until December.

Edited by fretz at 23:48 on November, 07th 2003
Posted at 15:20 on November 7th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
That's not the same as "Prince of Persia 3D" from a few years back, is it?
-----
Posted at 15:07 on November 7th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
hmm...

http://www.gamespy.com/landing/princeofpersia/