The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Site Issues - Broken Link? - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: $2sgF
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 08:22 on October 16th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
You chose the correct thread to post this - the files are online (just like in the case of the original poster), but something on your side is apparantely blocking FTP connections. Same question I asked at 09:32 on July, 27th 2006 for you ;)
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 08:09 on October 16th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Same for the Frederik Pohl's Gateway link
Posted at 08:04 on October 16th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
The Eric the Unready dowload-link is broken...
Posted at 01:47 on July 27th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
It's not even worth talking about that piece of crap by Microsoft, because everything I could say is obvious anyway. Point is, there is a device or application somewhere in your network prohibiting Firefox to access FTP links. That 'problem' only occurs when you try to download a larger than average file, because the rest is available via HTTP.

Anyway, glad you finally got it :)
-----
Posted at 01:38 on July 27th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
ah well... i use firefox 1.5.0.4 and everything worked fine on this site. i can download everything i wanted, except that one ^^

but a colleague said to me, i should use the Internet Explorer instead. hmm, ok. why not. it's worth a try ;)

and what happened... of course it worked. -.-

now i am glad to have the german version :D

but the problem is that i cannot download that file with firefox but i can download it with IE.
but i can download any other downloads i tried with firefox. thats strange ^^
Posted at 01:32 on July 27th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Are you using a browser which doesn't support FTP connections and also doesn't have a handler to forward those request to another program? Do you have a firewall / NAT / gateway disallowing FTP traffic?
-----
Posted at 01:23 on July 27th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
alrighty then :D

the error happens every time i try to download.

i go to this page: http://www.goodolddays.net/0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_de_0_178_show_1_0_0_0/

the i click on "Download (Deutsch 3.37 MB)", which leads me to http://www.goodolddays.net/0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_de_0_178_download_1_0_0_0/

ok, the i click on the download button and a white page appears and nothing happens.

that is my error :)

and ok, i won't leave my email here ;)
Posted at 10:27 on July 24th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
The downloads are still all working. If you want help, you have to give a detailed error description.

Oh, and here's a quote from the board rules:
Quote:
§5 Guests aren't allowed to leave e-mail addresses in their posts if they obviously don't intend to ever come back
-----
Posted at 09:02 on July 24th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
sorry for doublepost ;)

but i wanted to add, that i will post my email address, if someone would send the file to me ;)
Posted at 09:00 on July 24th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
i would like to have the german version, but i am not able to download it either :/

and it is just nearly 4 MB, so it would be possible to upload it on many other sites, e.g. rapidshare.de
or send it via e-mail to me.

if someone would upload it and post the URL or send the german version to me, i would appreciate it ;)

Regards
Posted at 23:17 on March 27th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Quote:
1. The server is up when it is up, and it's down when it is down! When I've turned the computer off or when I need the bandwidth for something else, it won't be available.
Posted at 16:13 on March 27th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
for me it tries to open up a web page and then it says "Cannot Find Server" in the web page
Posted at 08:44 on December 8th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
All three downloads (two language versions of the game plus the manual) work. What error message do you get when you try which link?
-----
Posted at 04:21 on December 8th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Maybe I'm just stupid or something, but almost every download link works except the one for Colonization.