The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Software Galore - USB in Dos - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: QMfX5
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 11:12 on December 21st, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
:D
-----
Keep your stick on the ice
Posted at 04:25 on December 21st, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
Posted by Tuss at 04:41 on December, 21st 2003:

Mr Creosote: Why is a USB mouse unwise? I do not have knowledge in the area of miceses.
Because they don't work in MS-DOS ;)
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 20:41 on December 20th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
My mouse came with a converter.

Mr Creosote: Why is a USB mouse unwise? I do not have knowledge in the area of miceses.
-----
Keep your stick on the ice
Posted at 20:09 on December 20th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
which is more then I currently have :(
-----
"In theory, if people bred as fast as ants, and with an equal indifference for it's surrounding species, earth would have 5 million human inhabitants at the turn of the century. But this, of course, is highly unthinkable"
Posted at 14:47 on December 20th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
USB-PS/2 adapters only cost a few Euros...
-----
Posted at 13:29 on December 20th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Who says I bought it? My mother got it with her laptop from work (no real choice there for either me or my mom) and my PS/2-mouse broke down so it's the only one I have left which I can possibly use ('till next month when I might have the cash to buy a new one). But thanks for the info anyway Mr. C. :D
-----
"In theory, if people bred as fast as ants, and with an equal indifference for it's surrounding species, earth would have 5 million human inhabitants at the turn of the century. But this, of course, is highly unthinkable"
Posted at 10:30 on December 20th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Check out this site. There are two USB mouse drivers on there. If those don't work, I suggest you get an USB to PS/2 adapter and just use CuteMouse.

Oh, and before I forget: Buying an USB mouse wasn't a smart move :P
-----
Posted at 09:49 on December 20th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
I was wondering if there was any way to get my USB-mouse to function in Dos. Seeing as I know close to nothing about USB, I was wondering if you guys knew a way (eg. USB Dos-drivers or somewhat...) or could point me in the right direction.
-----