The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Site Issues - Floppy image availability - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: Ru3o@
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 08:43 on June 30th, 2020 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
Private community is something they could never take away from you, so I wouldn't worry about any of this. Yes, lower discoverability, but he who seeks shall always find.
-----
Cheer up! Remember the less you have, the more there is to get.
Posted at 05:24 on June 30th, 2020 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Yes. How do you think an individual with a small server somewhere would react? Hint: when I received letters from lawyers in the past (happened several times), I always complied immediately and took 'offending' material down. Without discussion, without trying to defend.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 20:26 on June 29th, 2020 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Bachelor Gumby
Originally posted by Mr Creosote at 15:08 on June 24th, 2020:
Anything can happen. However, I am quite confident that this is a much more reliable solution than a privately funded random server.

Have you seen this?

https://www.pcgamer.com/a-lawsuit-against-the-internet-archive-threatens-vital-gaming-history/
-----
Edited by Otaku at 20:26 on June 29th, 2020
Posted at 07:49 on June 26th, 2020 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
I removed nothing. If you point out what you mean, I'll have a look.
-----
-----
Edited by Mr Creosote at 07:57 on June 26th, 2020
Posted at 04:13 on June 26th, 2020 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
Originally posted by Mr Creosote at 20:40 on June 24th, 2020:
You mean to make them less accessible?

My involvement with this is done. All images are available. Anyone can get them.

No, just to keep the archive complete. I noticed that some of the images have already been removed from the site. Thanks!
Posted at 18:39 on June 25th, 2020 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
Originally posted by ZerobyzerO at 20:57 on June 24th, 2020:
Does that mean that no new entries will be catalogued? or do you just mean that you're not handling anymore the files side of the site?

I just discovered the project and it would be a shame that now it's closing.

Regards

Hi. I've already announced that the project is not closing, it's simply moving elsewhere. Have patience, please.
-----
Cheer up! Remember the less you have, the more there is to get.
Posted at 06:23 on June 25th, 2020 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
As announced, anything still uploaded now, I'm pushing into the "unprocessed images" area in the archive for now. However, I'm doing it without any verification.

Any follow-up projects are welcome to annouce their efforts here.
-----
Posted at 20:57 on June 24th, 2020 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
Does that mean that no new entries will be catalogued? or do you just mean that you're not handling anymore the files side of the site?

I just discovered the project and it would be a shame that now it's closing.

Regards
-----
Posted at 20:40 on June 24th, 2020 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
You mean to make them less accessible?

My involvement with this is done. All images are available. Anyone can get them.
-----
-----
Edited by Mr Creosote at 20:47 on June 24th, 2020
Posted at 20:37 on June 24th, 2020 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
Hi,

Have you considered uploading all the images to the English Amiga Board server? Or provide Them to TOSEC or No-Intro? Thanks!
Posted at 15:08 on June 24th, 2020 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Anything can happen. However, I am quite confident that this is a much more reliable solution than a privately funded random server.
-----
Posted at 14:44 on June 24th, 2020 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
My only worry is, that the Internet Archive might get shut down in the wake of being sued by publishers over making copyrighted e-books accessible to the public without limits, via it's "National Emergency Library".
Posted at 08:34 on June 15th, 2020 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
The collection has been moved to the Internet Archive for long-term preservation. You can download the files freely from there.

As searchability of the collection over there is rather limited, I'm keeping the pages here online for reference for now. Download links will lead straight to the respective pages at their new home.

Please note that full metadata is available for each set in the "Information" file linked on the right hand side.

This also includes the contributor information. Should you wish to re-use the files somewhere else, please respect "credit where credit is due" and retain this. Just saying because there are already "collections" floating around (e.g. in torrents) whic removed any such references which I consider really bad style.
-----
-----
Edited by Mr Creosote at 08:50 on June 15th, 2020
Posted at 17:07 on June 2nd, 2020 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Nobody is maintaining this section anymore. I'll make all files available freely through another channel soon.
-----
Posted at 16:43 on June 2nd, 2020 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
So I was able to download the Dune 2 disk image I need replace my original disks 3 & 4 that were bad. But now I see that no floppy images are available for download any more. What happened?