The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Vox Pops - Sierra collection - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: 4Dl8W
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 13:49 on January 15th, 2022 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Bachelor Gumby
No, those titles just didn't appeal to me at all...

Really enjoyed a lot of later adventure games NOT out of the hand of Sierra, like the "Chzo Mythos series", Darkside detective, Gemini Rue and some others.

Oh, and Hero Quest, which had te be renamend to the Quest for Glory, was very enjoyable as well...
Posted at 16:36 on January 14th, 2022 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Also not interested in those later ones, like Phantasmagoria or Gabriel Knight?
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 12:40 on January 14th, 2022 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Bachelor Gumby
Absence Makes the Heart Go Yonder?

Yeah, well I always thought Kings Quest was the lesser one of the collection.
KQ1 and KQ2 are just too similiar, KQ3 was way better, but at the time I found it too difficult to get through. And the others were just "mweh".

I decided to save my money for the titles I really enjoyed.
The only one missing right now is "Conquest Of The Longbow".
And last month I finally got my hands on a copy of "Laura Bow - The Dagger of Amon Ra", sadly I discovered the manual had heavy water damage. So now I'm on the lookout for a better copy of the manual.

Expensive hobby, that's for sure...
-----
Edited by beranmuden at 12:40 on January 14th, 2022
Posted at 07:42 on January 14th, 2022 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Yes… it's probably hard to believe, but I actually never played Larry 3. I know that I got the Space Quest collection from a friend who when he moved didn't have room for his games anymore and gave them to me. But I'm struggling to remember why I have Larry 3. I don't remember buying or – as I said – playing it. The box is even missing one disk. The only theory I can think of is that I received it as part of a lot I bought off ebay, because I wanted something else in it.

By the way, what is it with you and King's Quest? No interest at all? That series is quite noticeably absent.
-----
Posted at 07:09 on January 14th, 2022 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Bachelor Gumby
I'm impressed Mr. Creosote! You know, that Larry 3 game still needs a well written review, if you're up for it. It could be your time to shine and express your love to Sierra. ;)
Posted at 18:14 on January 12th, 2022 | Quote | Edit | Delete | Delete Attachment
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Here is my Sierra collection! Well, in my defense, I have a handful more Sierra titles, but those are the adventure games I have ;) Yours is clearly more impressive!
Attachment: *****
-----
-----
Edited by Mr Creosote at 18:14 on January 12th, 2022
Posted at 14:43 on January 12th, 2022 | Quote | Edit | Delete | Delete Attachment
Bachelor Gumby
Since I pretend to be the big shot Sierra fan around here,

Allow me to at least share my humble collection of the games I've accumulated during the last couple of years. For me, they are a reminder of simpler times, a nostalgic trip through memory lane.
Now, before you start about size, it might be small, but but I love it nonetheless (the collection that is)!

Do you have a classic collection to share? If so, I would love to see some photos!

Regards,

BM.
Attachment: *****