The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Software Galore - Looking for an old Windows game - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: f!AKX
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 07:19 on August 2nd, 2007 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Be prepared for very amateurish handling of an order, though. It'll take them weeks to even react at all, and then they'll just send you an e-mail with the game attached...
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 10:22 on August 1st, 2007 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Pupil Gumby
@worthwhile weapons: I agree, but don´t forget that some weapons can also be used as tools. For example, frozen icons must be hit with a fireball before you´ll be able to collect them. And if you´re not too crazy about winning battles, it could be fun to throw beer bottles and giant potatoes ("Spud Missiles") at your enemies :D Don´t you think so?
Eagle of Fire, sometimes I too get annoyed about the superior number of enemies in the later waves. Try out this: During the game hit the "Delete"-Key. After that press "3" to call a Knight or "4" to call a Pirate into the wave. You will find more cheats on http://www.sdispace.com/content/secrets.htm , but in my opinion these two are the only "legitimate" ones.
Boy, I can hardly wait to play this game again after years :) Thanks to Mr. Creosote I recently found out that you can still order it.
-----
Edited by cloudrunner at 10:29 on August 1st, 2007
Posted at 05:50 on September 24th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
There's one significant difference: game vs. pityful annoyance ;)
-----
Posted at 14:29 on September 23rd, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Master Gumby
Quote:
...which goal was to capture icons from your computer. The game was actually using your own root directory for the game and you had to capture or destroy all the icons in your computer to win the game.

Sounds like "microsoft windows" to me :p
Posted at 10:49 on September 15th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Apart from completely upgraded dual guns, the Batteries is the only worthwhile weapon. Apart from that, one "noble" weapon (I think it's the red dragon one) is extremely powerfull too, but cost a lot of fuel.

I am currently playing with a fully upgraded ship and I am getting bored. I may change my ship apparance soon since I have a whopping 300 credits sitting in the bank. The Transformer is cool, but cloaking might serve me better at time.
-----
I am on a hot streak... Litterally.
Posted at 00:57 on September 15th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
As Eagle said - you need to shoot these thingies in the corners of the screen first. Concentrate on one each encounter. You have to get all the 'noble weapons' to beat the Inner Demon. When you have them, buy the 'unify forces' upgrade in the shipyard and then use your 'call Inner Demon' power.

Alignment - sorry, but I always play as member of the Pirates, wouldn't know about any other team ;) The Pirates are quite good allies, though, since they're usually strong and loyal once you've proven your worth. The very best weapon in my opinion is the electrical discharge (no idea what the actual name is in the game) since you just need to get near the enemy and then you'll have a guaranteed hit. With this one, you don't have to fear any foe.

Edited by Mr Creosote at 08:48 on September, 15th 2004
-----
Posted at 16:28 on September 14th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
I just had a similar problem, but I found the answer. You need to shoot the dragon faces until they release a very small beam. Get the beam and you'll get an unique weapon you can't buy anywhere.

For the allies part... Well... Erm... I usually get almost only ennemies by the end of the game, and that include enforcers... Which I destroy, too... ;)
-----
Posted at 15:55 on September 14th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
So do you just shoot the guy or something? I got behind him and he just sat there and I shot him tons but he didn't die. Of course, I didn't shoot him enough for "end game" proportions.

Question: Why do my allies stink? These guys come in and dominate them with bigger guns, and if I try and protect my ally, the huge gun guys get mad at me. I would like to be aligned with ships that have good payloads.
-----
Keep your stick on the ice
Posted at 15:03 on September 14th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Just in case: it's of course possible to finish the game without clearing all directories. All you have to do is defeat the Inner Demon which can be done pretty quickly with a little practice. The simulator the the shipyard can be quite helpful...
-----
Posted at 11:18 on September 14th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
You could just make a seperate partition for the game... ;)
-----
Posted at 11:04 on September 14th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
but you're right:

3800+ icons in one folder alone.

And that's not even the windows folder :(
-----
Posted at 07:28 on September 14th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Of course! Where else would you get noble weapons?
-----
Posted at 19:03 on September 13th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Boy this game is fun! I found out that black holes are really angry daemons.
-----
Posted at 15:27 on September 13th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
I played that game more than 8 years ago - so that must have been before its release ;)
-----
Posted at 12:43 on September 13th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
I like these claims:

Quote:
Inner Space is the oldest game still sold, supported & played in its original version. It works unmodified on all Windows versions from Windows 3.1 to Windows XP.

Quote:
We appreciate your interest in Inner Space. It's a great game and the oldest computer game you're likely to play. It was built 8 years ago for Windows 3.1

I would like to see their scientific study on the subject ;)
-----
Posted at 10:57 on September 13th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
I know that :P Anyway, it's really one of my favourite Shareware games. Too bad it's basically unplayable on big hds - it just takes way too long then.
-----
Posted at 10:48 on September 13th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
You're a genius Creo! :D
-----
Posted at 08:41 on September 13th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
That's Operation: Inner Space.
-----
Posted at 02:27 on September 13th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
The problem is that I forgot the name of that game... :embarassed:

It was a Windows 95 (perhaps even a Windows 3.1 game) which goal was to capture icons from your computer. The game was actually using your own root directory for the game and you had to capture or destroy all the icons in your computer to win the game.

To achieve this you were flying in a small ship around "cyberspace" and had several other ennemies similar to you trying to either help or destroy you (the game actually had a nice diplomatic stance, when you helped out friends or neutral ships they began to like you and defend you when needed). To add to the challenge, the game was adding rocks and obstable in your path as you captured more and more of your icons back, and there was a kind of "virus" corrupting the files you had to save, giving you a kind of "time limit" (or a run against the clock if you prefer) to complete a run in a directory...

I remember playing that game as a shareware a long time ago... I would love if anyone could provide me with the name of that game, if it is possible.
-----