The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Software Galore - Johann67's Request - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: 6Xxyj
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 13:13 on October 15th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
My host changed from asp to jsp and it didn't work anymore :). But don't worry, I'm slowly working on a new site so hang.
-----
Lets make this a beefy place
Posted at 04:30 on October 12th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
Quote:
Well well, looks who's back, and hopefully for a while. Glad to hear from you again :)

The same for me! :)

But what happened to your homepage?
-----
Being fat is no illness, but ideology
Posted at 12:50 on October 11th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
Well well, looks who's back, and hopefully for a while. Glad to hear from you again :)
-----
Lets make this a beefy place
Posted at 09:03 on October 10th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Because you don't have to look at the game from the cross's perspective if you don't want to! ;)

Edited by Johann67 at 16:56 on October, 10th 2004
-----
If it ain't broken, you're not trying hard enough.
Posted at 07:56 on October 10th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
Imagine that racing circle coming your way full-speed!
Er... why should it do that? :confused:
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 06:03 on October 10th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
This game definitely deserves it's own page. :)

hmmm-3d...using the doom 3-engine, of course. Imagine that racing circle coming your way full-speed! ;)
-----
Posted at 11:42 on October 9th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
Quote:
The main mode will feature the classic concept in a freely zoomable and turnable 3D-rendered environment. After all, everything gets better in freely zoomable and turnable 3D-rendered environments!

These were exactly my thoughts! ;)
But it seems I will have to protect my company-servers better or there will be the same catastoph as with Half-Life 2. :bemused:

Edited by dregenRocks at 20:41 on October, 09th 2004
-----
Posted at 11:00 on October 9th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete | Delete Attachment
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Here's a first, very exclusive screenshot of CtK2 which I got from a secret source which wants to remain anonymous.

Here's the accompanying information: The screenshot shows CtK2 in 'classic mode', i.e. top-down 2D view. As you can see, the screen resolution has been quadrupled, and nicer textures are used. Higher resolutions make games better. There's now a time limit to catch the Kreis, and if it's not met, the cross explodes - as seen on the picture. Cool explosions make games better.

The main mode will feature the classic concept in a freely zoomable and turnable 3D-rendered environment. After all, everything gets better in freely zoomable and turnable 3D-rendered environments!

Edited by Mr Creosote at 19:03 on October, 09th 2004
Attachment: *****
-----
Posted at 10:16 on October 9th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
Quote:
Ok, but after your very detailed announcement in the initial post, I could also put up a review of CtK2 and call it Exclusive :P

Yes, you could and I would be happy about that, because I would have some hints about what to include in CtK 2. ;)

Quote:
That game is seriously weird! And the circle's well, not too bright it seems... ;)

Hey, at least he is as bright as an average US-President. ;)
And to be honest, the not to bright Kreis was already a major success for me. :D

Quote:
The lack of time is present on this side of the line too, but I might actually get away with it since I'm supposed to study programming for the next few months(I can always call it practice ;) )

If you need help just call my name and I will be at your side to assist and help you where I can. :)

By The way:
I made a exclusive CtK-Homepage from the scratch. To be found here: http://ctk.dregenprogs.de.
Since this subdomain is relative new, it may not be recognized by all ISP by now, so if the link fails try this one.
-----
Posted at 14:58 on October 8th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Wow, thanks! (and-long time no see!)
I wasn't planning any "huge big" modding-for now. I'm just very curious if I can add, say, the forty or so levels I made since the next release, (yep-still playing it) and maybe add some minor new other things. The lack of time is present on this side of the line too, but I might actually get away with it since I'm supposed to study programming for the next few months(I can always call it practice ;) )
And dregen-you're definitely not forgotten!
-----
Posted at 04:16 on October 8th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
That game is seriously weird! And the circle's well, not too bright it seems... ;)
-----
"One Very Important Thought"
Posted at 04:06 on October 8th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Ok, but after your very detailed announcement in the initial post, I could also put up a review of CtK2 and call it Exclusive :P
-----
Posted at 04:00 on October 8th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
Quote:
Heh - that's a surprising blast from the past :D

I'm glad that I am not forgotten. :)

Quote:
It just occured to me that if I were working for a British games magazine, I'd call CtK an 'Exclusive' now ;)

Well, you can call it Exclusive! :D
After all the Spam Club was the main development forum of/for CtK and this site does still support it.

And lastly here were (are?) most of the worldwide CtK-Gamers. ;)
-----
Posted at 10:23 on October 7th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Heh - that's a surprising blast from the past :D It just occured to me that if I were working for a British games magazine, I'd call CtK an 'Exclusive' now ;)
-----
Posted at 08:31 on October 7th, 2004 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
Hey there!

It has been a long time, since my last visit...

Johann has written in my guestbook, asking if he may mod Catch The Kreis.

Yes, I would be honored if you do so. And since I know (somehow) and trust you, the result can only be a good one.

Maybe there will be a Catch The Kreis 2 or Catch The Kreis - Reloaded next year, when I finally finish my OpenGL-Engine at some time. But as always, there is a big (or should I say huge) lack of time.
-----