The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Software Galore - Recommended Multiplayer Games - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: gl4qb
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 05:30 on May 29th, 2015 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
To be honest, I have never played it in multiplayer mode .The game is fun even if I don't play it in multiplayer mode

-----
Edited by Mr Creosote at 06:05 on June 11th, 2015
Posted at 05:07 on May 11th, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Bachelor Gumby
Originally posted by Herr M. at 20:22 on May 10th, 2014:

I would almost second that. Personally I prefer Blood though, since it is even crazier. :D Just think of the Voodoo doll and the pitchfork! And The Mall and The House of Horrors have to be the greatest levels ever. ;)

yes, Blood was cool too but I never played it in multiplayer mode :(
I liked the flare gun a lot - even more than Dukes ice weapon but less than his shrink gun ;)
-----
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
Posted at 20:22 on May 10th, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Deceased Gumby
Originally posted by moo2 at 16:26 on May 10th, 2014:
Duke Nukem 3D
In my Opinon it's still the best ego shooter of all time - forget Call of Duty and co.. It's still great fun to shrink the enemy and step on it :D

I would almost second that. Personally I prefer Blood though, since it is even crazier. :D Just think of the Voodoo doll and the pitchfork! And The Mall and The House of Horrors have to be the greatest levels ever. ;)
-----
The known is finite, the unknown infinite. - Thomas Henry Huxley
Posted at 16:26 on May 10th, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Bachelor Gumby
Duke Nukem 3D
In my Opinon it's still the best ego shooter of all time - forget Call of Duty and co.. It's still great fun to shrink the enemy and step on it :D

Battle Isle 2
If you have time it is a great 2 Player turn based strategy game - even hotseat mode is available.

WWF Wrestlemania
DOS Version. Was the Beat'm UP I had a lot of fun with. Razer Ramon VS. Doink is a lot more fun in two Player mode than playing it alone.

Archon
C64 - Much better and more fun than any normal chess game :D

Bubble Bobble
Best multiplayer game with simply the best music - played that game "for ever" with my friends and I'll never forget the glory moment when my cousin and me beat the Endboss for the first time :D
-----
Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic.
Posted at 02:55 on February 6th, 2011 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Bachelor Gumby
Diablo 1: great multiplayer game. it's freaking hard if you try to beat it in one run, but that only makes it more fun. pretty simplistic, but i like hard and simple games since you can still play them on a lan once you're tired. diablo 2 just never matched the difficulty and the style!

Smash brothers (N64): still play it on regular basis today. the cool thing is - everyone in my generation knows how to play this game. it's simply the best console multiplayer game for me.

super mario world (SNES): my all time favourite game. unfortunately its multiplayer mode only allows 2 players and... well you could just hand controllers around and achieve the same thing... which we occasionally do at parties. this game is THE best game of all times in my oppinion.

actually, that pretty much sums it up. there aren't many really cool multiplayer games nowadays. they all seem to be focused on internet. of course the internet is multiplayer as well - but it just isn't as much fun if you don't have some guy sitting next to you and cursing at you once you defeat him hands down - vice versa.

it's like the comparison between swordfights and gunfights. i like my stuff a little more personal.
-----
daddy was just a girl in disguise...
Posted at 11:30 on December 6th, 2008 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
Werewolf vs Comanche 2.0 (PC). You can play against each other or Coop which is my favourite. The best thing was, that there where 2 CD´s in the box. So you only had to buy one game to play it on two computers.
Posted at 14:38 on October 12th, 2007 | Quote | Edit | Delete
i didn't know that. guess i have to take a closer look at its functions. :)
Posted at 14:07 on October 12th, 2007 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Well, Dosbox allows virtual Modem and IPX connections through the IP protocol these days, so that opens up a lot more possibilities to use multiplayer options of classic games :)
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 12:26 on October 12th, 2007 | Quote | Edit | Delete
no one mentioned 'formula one grand prix' yet? we played it once via null-modem cable on our old 486's. still playable via dosbox on one machine by turns. :)
Posted at 12:49 on August 9th, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
And the strange thing as, I couldn't log in with my username because someone had taken it. Strangely, that someone was me!
-----
If it ain't broken, you're not trying hard enough.
Posted at 14:10 on August 8th, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Johann67 and I just played a game of Wesnoth, and it's indeed quite nice. Still a few bugs (like him getting kicked out of the game, enabling me to slaughter his defenseless troops without resistence ;)), but then again, that's online gaming...
-----
Posted at 03:33 on July 28th, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Well, there are four "eras" in which you can play.

The standard era. You have six sides, choose one and you choose a level 2 unit as leader and can recruit level one units of that party.

Age of Heroes

As default, but you get a level 3 hero and can recruit level one and two units(which are more expensive, of course).

Classic

The sides as they were a long time ago.
Seven sides, I think, all with few units.
Level 2 hero, level 1 recruiting.

The Great War

Almost all units are split up in two parties-the forces of Light and Darkness. Level 2 hero, level 1 recruiting, but you can choose a whopping amount of units. Just the drakes get left out.

Once you've chosen the era, you can choose map size and configuration (or choose a pre-made map), how many players you want (ai possible) and also how much xp a unit needs to level. I usually play at 50%, which results in a fair amount of level 2 and some level 3 units in default and great war, at least.

So far, I haven't been able to bring units with me, but I haven't tried yet either.

There is a wesnoth wiki page with the sides in each era explained.
-----
Posted at 06:36 on July 27th, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
How is it done? Do you just start with inexperienced units and then do several missions in one run or is it just one mission at a time and then start again fresh with a new army?
-----
Posted at 02:10 on July 27th, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
I've tried out the multiplayer of Wesnoth. It's great fun! Though it may take a few hours, especially on larger maps.
-----
Posted at 05:24 on March 1st, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Some more SNES games:
Secret of Mana(everyone controls a character)
TNMT Tournament.(turtle-based street fighter clone. IMO, childish but funny.)
-----
Posted at 14:25 on February 18th, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Family Feud: If you're not from the USA, don't ever play this against an American - you can only lose big time ;)

Descent: Ok via Internet, but much of it lives from being able to hear the other player. For example, it can be incredibly fussy to guide the other cooperative player to a certain spot using only typed text.
-----
Posted at 07:41 on February 18th, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Alien Breed: UAE; similar to Chaos engine; cooperative, but very hard.

Goof Troop: ZSNES; childish cooperative game; action with some puzzle (sokoban) features.

WWF Raw: ZSNES; very funny wrestling game; practice necessary.

Rock'n'Roll Racing: ZSNES; good action racing game.

Super Street Fighter II: ZSNES; classic fighting game; practice necessary.

Return of Double Dragon: ZSNES; cooperative fighting game; slightly monotonous.

Super Off-Road: ZSNES; simple one-screen racing game; easy.

North & South: UAE; action with some tactics; training necessary.

Biker Mice From Mars: ZSNES; good action racing game.

Tetris & Dr. Mario: ZSNES; Tetris.

Super Tennis: ZSNES; tennis.

Family Feud: ZSNES; quiz game.

Descent: Kahn; good spaceship shooter with cooperative and competitive multiplayer modes; possibly runs too fast on newer computers.

Z Steel Soldiers: Not quite as simple as part one, but a good game nevertheless; has built-in multiplayer network mode.

Edited by Tapuak at 16:15 on February, 18th 2005
Posted at 07:31 on February 18th, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Z used to run a little unstable as multiplayer when Mr Creosote and me played it. Definitely recommended though.
Posted at 04:39 on February 18th, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
There is also a Windows version of Z. Can't say whether that one's any better for Windows XP, but it might be worth a try.
-----
Posted at 03:16 on February 18th, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Never managed to run Z under XP even with DOSBox.

But I never actually tryied to use an ISO or to mount the CD. I might try that sometime.
-----
I am on a hot streak... Litterally.