The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Vox Pops - Haven't had a chance to use my Amiga... - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: 3WNcg
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 15:14 on August 13th, 2022 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
Here here...I wholeheartedly agree. I wish o had more time to spend with my trusty A500, which I've had since my father bought it for me in 1992. Ah well....least it still looks good.:D

"ALL HAIL THE GURU MEDUTATION!"
Posted at 13:52 on August 6th, 2022 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Originally posted by RetroBeta at 12:54 on August 6th, 2022:
about two years ago I bought a used Amiga 500 and replaced the drive in it with a USB interface and ever since then I've never had a chance to use it.

[…]

But now that I have one I can do a lot with it... if I can ever find a spot to put it or time to use it... *sigh* one day.

That's the issue of our day and age, isn't it? Overkill of options.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 12:54 on August 6th, 2022 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
So the system wants me to make a post and I wanted it be somewhat relevant so I wanted to state that about two years ago I bought a used Amiga 500 and replaced the drive in it with a USB interface and ever since then I've never had a chance to use it. I think it's mostly because I didn't know what an Amiga really was until I found an Amiga 1000 (sans Keyboard and Mouse) in a thrift shop and bought it. But now I wish I had had an Amiga when I was a kid instead of an old PC if only because there was so MUCH to the machine.

But now that I have one I can do a lot with it... if I can ever find a spot to put it or time to use it... *sigh* one day. But at least now I have a ton of reasons to do so with all the great Amiga games listed here! Thank you!