The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Vox Pops - Do you use RetroPie? - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: 9!wzX
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 15:39 on August 28th, 2022 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
The thought sort of appeals to me, and I considered buying a Pi 400 model for it. But then, I rejected the notion again as purely gimmicky. I can emulate anything I like already on my regular laptop or desktop. I already have a Pi 4 connected to my TV, acting as media centre mainly, but I could run games on it as well. Having a machine purely as a dedicated emulation driver… don't know, it feels limited and limiting.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 12:57 on August 28th, 2022 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
Hello, since I've been playing games from old 8-bit Atari 2600s to PC Windows 10 - as well as keeping most of them in my collection. I was wondering if you guys use RetroPie for the Linux PC or for the Raspberry Pi? I did try out on using the NESPi+ for my Pi 3B+ and it had looked cool like it mimics the original NES console.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2138715605

The problem is that RetroArch as well as Modern LCD TVs have latency problems - especially when using BlueTooth controllers, which is a pain in the neck. I also had to buy the Sinden Lightgun in order to play some classic old Light Gun games like Area 51, Time Crisis and Duck Hunt.