The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Software Galore - Hack to make Sd3 say Secret of Mana 2? - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: ysN5H
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 01:36 on November 17th, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete | Delete Attachment
Baby Gumby
I had seen on a website somewhere a title screen for Seiken Densetsu 3 which had the same font as Neil's patch, but said Secret of Mana 2. I later found out that this alternate title screen is only in the german patch of the rom. Being bored and having nothing to do, I messed around in Photoshop and came up with a title screen design I thought looked nice.

I went to the Zophar's Domain forum to post questions about the possibility of hacking my title design into a patch for the rom and I got a good bitching at from Sd3 purist who insist that Seiken Densetsu 3 is not related to SoM in any way. I tried asking around at the Tomato forums, who's members were alot less biting than Zophar's, but the people who responded know as little about graphic-hacking as I do (which is pretty much nothing).

I have never done this before, I've tried lots of programs, like Tiler, Tile Ed, Tile Layer Pro, Pic 2 SNES, they either confused me to hell (its like a huge puzzle) or were Dos only and didn't like my Windows XP very much. Sorry if this is a bother to you, but might you know anyone in the emulation community who could do this? I'll understand if it can't be done.

I have Photoshop files as well as BMP's of my proposed image in a rar archive below. I also have a secondary "seiken densetsu 3" design for the purist. I do not care about credit, also it is not my desire to alter anyone else's patch, I just want to change the title image.

http://forum.starmen.net/?t=msg&th=18161&start=0#msg_322606

Edited by Kitsune_Baka at 10:02 on November, 17th 2005
Attachment: *****
-----
"the best kind of humor is self-deprecating"