The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Software Galore - C 64 browser games - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: XinGa
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 07:22 on January 25th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
Great idea, but a but sluggish. Also I already played all those c64-gems over and over, so I'm satisfied already (, sadly).

Wonder, why it took so long to create a java-based emulator? Wonder also what type of graphical engine is behind that. I already encounterd complete OpenGL-applications (...okay ...games! ;)) behind Shockwave-plugins.

Edited by dregenrocks at 15:22 on January, 25th 2006
-----
Being fat is no illness, but ideology
Posted at 10:11 on January 24th, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Yes, but's mostly the muscle reflexes in the hand which remember the game. Like 'push joystick to the left while falling', and not 'there are spikes down there so I'd better avoid them' ;)
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 11:21 on January 23rd, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Quote:
-Is the C64 version of Rick Dangerous shorter than that on the Amiga? I know that's true for the second part, but I just played two levels of part one without any trouble, and that seemed a little fishy to me...

At least some parts of level one are missing. See this video for comparison. It's fascinating how one can remember some of the traps after years...

Edited by Tapuak at 19:21 on January, 23rd 2006
Posted at 05:51 on January 23rd, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
That's incredible! That site just got me through two long and usually boring hours of free time at the university computers. Here's what I learned:

-Is the C64 version of Rick Dangerous shorter than that on the Amiga? I know that's true for the second part, but I just played two levels of part one without any trouble, and that seemed a little fishy to me...

-We didn't miss anything in the shortened C16 version of Kane. The two horse riding levels are unplayable.

-I have to review that Breakdance game!
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 13:38 on January 22nd, 2006 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
I just found a site that has some good C 64 games that can be play online with a browser. No emulator or installation is necessary. Unfortunately, Java is reqiured, though.

--> http://c64s.com