The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Site Issues - Please Help, Mr. C. - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: c8udO
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 14:19 on October 19th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
I didn't understand the parts I marked with 'huh'. And in addition, the whole initial post seems to be lacking any real structure, it seems to be touching several unrelated subjects which makes it very confusing to my small mind ;)

I had the Mr Creosote - avatar since the very beginnings of the forum, i.e. since mid-2000. Time for a change....
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 07:10 on October 19th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
What exactly do you not understand, Mr C? I find Da_Goats post very clear if rather confused... Only the No more downloads is mildly unclear (I think I know what you're sayuing Goat, but I don't know why seeing as this subject has indeed been extensivly discussed in another thread...)
And by the way, I don't like this avatar of yours better then the others, Mr C... I preferred your Avatar from the meaning of life :) This Moriarty just looks to pissed all the time :P
-----
"In theory, if people bred as fast as ants, and with an equal indifference for it's surrounding species, earth would have 5 million human inhabitants at the turn of the century. But this, of course, is highly unthinkable"
Posted at 05:03 on October 19th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
I don't know what you consider hypocritical about this post, I was just answering the only way I could because I still don't understand vast parts of it. And as I did understand some parts, you were only 'complaining' about things which have been talked about a hundred times before in other threads. If you don't read those, it's your own bad luck.

No, the edit function does not the same because it leaves a trace - the post itself is still there, you can delete just the contents.
-----
Posted at 15:25 on October 18th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
BTW....
Quote:
No, that would be a really foolish idea! Such a function would open the doors to any kind of 'unnoticed' flaming because it could always be deleted without any trace before the admins notice.
Can't they already do that with edit?
-----
Mock ugly people. Praise ugly goats.
Posted at 14:45 on October 18th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
Oy, so hypocritical...anyway, I got it working again...btw, I like your new avatar. It fits your name better.

Yes, I know an alien isn't a goat..

Edited by Da_Goat at 23:24 on October, 18th 2002
-----
Posted at 07:23 on October 18th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
I have no idea what you want me to do, so I'll just try to answer the fragments of your post which make some sense to me.

Quote:
I forgot my password and deleted my email. It's obviously not what I normally use. Mr. C., could you send me an email telling me what my password is/was?
I can't tell you or anyone else what his / her password is / was because I can't look these passwords up! They're encrypted in the database to ensure your own safety and they can't be decrypted. You did notice the 'Lost Password' function in the top menu, didn't you?

Quote:
BTW, I still don't dig the yellow on grey, but oh well.
BTW, you still didn't send in an alternate proposal, but oh well.

Quote:
No more downloads
Huh?

Quote:
Agh, I entered that w/o entering my password....and now I can't do it again!!
Huh???

Quote:
Maybe this board's just buggy.....
No

Quote:
and shouldn't users be able to delete their own posts?
No, that would be a really foolish idea! Such a function would open the doors to any kind of 'unnoticed' flaming because it could always be deleted without any trace before the admins notice.
-----
Posted at 23:47 on October 17th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Agh, I entered that w/o entering my password....and now I can't do it again!! Maybe this board's just buggy.....and shouldn't users be able to delete their own posts?
Posted at 23:44 on October 17th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
*sigh* Unfortunately, I forgot my password and deleted my email. It's obviously not what I normally use. Mr. C., could you send me an email telling me what my password is/was?

BTW, I still don't dig the yellow on grey, but oh well.

No more downloads :worried:
-----