The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Frozen Website Sections - Comics - MOTU newspaper strip - Reply

Username:
Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: Rw7pj
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 11:40 on March 2nd, 2007 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Student Gumby
Quote:
I looked through the scans you sent me. It's indeed unfortunate that they're so small. Barely readable at times. What's even more important, though, is that the first one has to be incomplete.

I know, maybe it is missing some pages, but I can clearly remember it was the ending of the first story in actual magazine. Did editorials cut off some pages for whatever reason, or writers were too lazy to finish it, I don't know? :( It even can be some sort of blur ending, on purpose. But it must be more than coincidence that it happened in 2 different newspapers? I know that stories had different number of pages.

Unfortunately I'll be offline, maybe even for a month. I'll try to gather some information from local sources.

Cheers! :D
-----
I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain. Time to die.
-----
Edited by niko32 at 11:44 on March 2nd, 2007
Posted at 11:58 on March 1st, 2007 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
I looked through the scans you sent me. It's indeed unfortunate that they're so small. Barely readable at times. What's even more important, though, is that the first one has to be incomplete. On the twentieth page, He-Man's last line is "let's find our friends and get busy". That's not an ending, especially seeing that the second one has eight pages more and the ending is a very classic one (Skeletor teleporting away). Are you sure there isn't anything missing in the first set?
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 22:32 on February 26th, 2007 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Student Gumby
Yes, I can send them them over via e-mail? :) I zipped them in 2 cbz files. The first is about 1,3mb and the other around 2mb.

I have two complete stories, one consists of 20 pages and the other of 28 pages. However, it is interesting that both stories have, to some point undefined endings. (like there is at least one page left out, but there isn't) And I clearly remember that they are the same endings as in those magazines, in fact I recall that I was surprised back then about that fact!
-----
I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain. Time to die.
-----
Edited by niko32 at 22:33 on February 26th, 2007
Posted at 20:27 on February 26th, 2007 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
I only have about 20 of those, and they don't form a complete story. Seeing that you've got about twice as many, can you send them over via e-mail? Is what you have a complete set?
-----
Posted at 19:23 on February 26th, 2007 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Student Gumby
Yes that is the third page of second story and exactly the same scan as I've got! :D
-----
Posted at 18:12 on February 26th, 2007 | Quote | Edit | Delete | Delete Attachment
Admin
Reborn Gumby
I have a few images like that lying around here (see attachment). Is it the same series?
Attachment: *****
-----
Posted at 17:24 on February 26th, 2007 | Quote | Edit | Delete | Delete Attachment
Student Gumby
Here is the first one, the others are little bigger and actually readable :)
Attachment: *****
-----
Posted at 16:54 on February 26th, 2007 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Just attach the the first one to your next post. Then I can see whether I know it or still need it.
-----
Posted at 16:48 on February 26th, 2007 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Student Gumby
Quote:
You're welcome to open new threads, you know ;)

I know... :)

Since I'm not very experienced in attaching many files to posts and there is this limit: 102400 bytes and I have 48 files in jpg format ( they are all smaller than 100 kb though); could you give me some suggestion? :D
-----
Posted at 16:22 on February 26th, 2007 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
You're welcome to open new threads, you know ;)

I don't think I remember the comic you're talking about from the information you gave so far. Why don't you just attach the files you have here in this thread, then I'll see what I can do.
-----
Posted at 16:12 on February 26th, 2007 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Student Gumby
Greetings Mr Creosote

Great news! :D Thank you for fulfilling requests for new subforums and I must say that Comics topics are very appropriately chosen. (I just hope people WILL use them)

After I've downloaded your He-Man Comic book collection last summer, I was a bit disappointed that I didn't find some of the my favorite comics, so I decided to tell about it since you are trying to complete it. (I thought you gave up on MOTU comics, since only games section was active) :)

In my country Yugoslavia (after split up now it's Croatia), in middle 80's in "Politikin Zabavnik" (a local weekly magazine for children and teenagers which always dedicated a couple of pages for various comics) started to appear two pages of MOTU comics in color taking approximately 8 weeks (more or less) to finish one story. I think that it was about 7 - 8 stories before it was discontinued.

The point is that those stories were much more clever and atmospheric and the characters had a lot more depth (especially Skeletor). The drawing was very good too. I especially remember second story and King Hiss appearance which was so effectively dark and scary; that compared with this, all his appearances in other series (Minicomics, etc.) look pretty lame. Then there was this story (4th or 5th) when Prince Adam was captured by Hordak and was forced to work in his mines and it was pretty dark and gloomy.
Off course when you look at this comics now from different perspective (much older), the stories had some inconsistences and flaws (especially at endings) but nevertheless I still think many of them were the best MOTU comics I have ever read.

Unfortunately I've lost all those comics during the war years. Some time ago, after extensive web search I've found on some MSN Forum episodes 1. and 2. in English (mine were in Serbo-Croatian), but they are in black and white and on one scan I've noticed that Welsh daily newspaper "Western Mail" published them. I did not manage to find out more about them though.

If I'm missing something about these comics or if you have any information about them, please let me know. Those scans i have are really bad quality and small size, but if you want to look at it, maybe I can send them? :)
-----
-----
Edited by niko32 at 16:14 on February 26th, 2007