Not Authentication Code (blank):
Password:
Guest Password: jmnb!
Mail Notification?Yes
No

Last 20 Posts (View All)

Posted at 14:44 on July 31st, 2007 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Pupil Gumby
Just a little bit slower - if slower at all. Probably nothing to worry about much.
Posted at 16:38 on July 30th, 2007 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Can't say I've noticed anything, but I'll try to keep an eye on it. Just a little slower or unbearably slow?
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 15:07 on July 30th, 2007 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Pupil Gumby
I have a feeling that the site (not the forum) is now loading a bit slower than before. But maybe I am wrong as this is my first visit to TGOD for several weeks now.
-----
Edited by cloudrunner at 15:13 on July 30th, 2007
Posted at 21:07 on July 21st, 2007 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
I just edited the server configuration so that the forum is now running on PHP5 instead of version 4.

The PHP team themselves have announced the end of life for the now seven-year-old version 4, and quite rightly so. There's really no need for it anymore, as PHP 5.2 is now very stable and also quite a lot better

Everything should just continue to work as normal here (on my development system, I had some version of PHP5 installed anyway), but should anything strange happen, please let me know.

P.S. I'll also turn the switch for the site itself in a few days. That code is a lot older (and a lot worse) than the forum code, so it's a little more likely to cause problems there - even though I'm very confident the switch will go smoothly there, too.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!