The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Software Galore - Police Quest
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll
» Multiple Pages: 123

Police Quest

Posted at 01:13 on November 18th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
Posted by sterge10 at 22:08 on November, 17th 2002:

RPG's are the embodiment of the gaming industry, and must be viewed with the upmost respect
Absolutely untrue. Arcade games like Pong and Adventure games like Adventure are the embodiment of the gaming industry. RPGs are the embodiment of 'teendom'.

Edited by Mr Creosote at 09:14 on November, 18th 2002
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 03:04 on November 18th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
It's true some, don't have the willpower and concentration to keep up with the intensity of the role playing game. Those said people must stick to childish time wasters like Pong. While the rest of us play decent games that are actually a challenge :P
-----
Not all That Glitters Is Gold, Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost.
Posted at 11:08 on November 18th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Role Playing Games are not mind benders. Those are in adventure, strategy, and simulation games.

Tuss
-----
Keep your stick on the ice
Posted at 11:15 on November 18th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Whilst it is true that the "puzzles" A.K.A. Quests in RPG aren't up to par with those of renowned adventures as IJatFoA or DOTT you still need all your wits about to fully master the genre. :bemused: There are still plenty of factors and actors you need to take into account when making each and every decision whilst playing your character so I wouldn't say that a decent RPG isn't food for the mind... (damn, where is that prof-smiley when you need it :P)
-----
"In theory, if people bred as fast as ants, and with an equal indifference for it's surrounding species, earth would have 5 million human inhabitants at the turn of the century. But this, of course, is highly unthinkable"
Posted at 13:00 on November 18th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Anyone with an IQ over 50 knows that in SSI RPGs you just run into to people to kill them, and in all others you click a sword button.

Tuss
-----
Posted at 13:18 on November 18th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
Posted by sterge10 at 05:04 on November, 18th 2002:

It's true some, don't have the willpower and concentration to keep up with the intensity of the role playing game. Those said people must stick to childish time wasters like Pong. While the rest of us play decent games that are actually a challenge :P
It's funny how you're trying to twist things around. If you look carefully, I didn't talk about challenges, but about the 'embodiment of the industry', because simple arcade games and adventures is where the whole computer games industry evolved from!

Talking about challenges, strategy games and adventures beat all the others hands down. There are many examples in these genres which consist of pure thought, no luck, no action, just knowledge and logic! That is not necessarily an advantage, but I'm only reacting, once again proving you wrong :P
-----
Posted at 04:06 on November 19th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Quote:
Posted by Tuss at 15:00 on November, 18th 2002:

Anyone with an IQ over 50 knows that in SSI RPGs you just run into to people to kill them, and in all others you click a sword button.

Tuss

And i'm talking about real Rpg's the good ones like the final fantasy series, which require some brains to play.

Mr. C where are said examples?
-----
Not all That Glitters Is Gold, Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost.
Posted at 06:15 on November 19th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
A Mind Forever Voyaging.
-----
Posted at 10:35 on November 19th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Quote:
And i'm talking about real Rpg's the good ones like the final fantasy series, which require some brains to play.

Final Fantasy reminds me of Dragon Warrior, and well if you know about that, you get my jist. :evil:

Tuss
-----
» Multiple Pages: 123
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll