The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Site Issues - TGOD anniversary
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll
» Multiple Pages: 12

TGOD anniversary

Posted at 05:53 on November 23rd, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Don't worry - there is still a lot more time for you to prepare the birthday cake :P In February, The Good Old Days will have its 3rd anniversary. I always tried to reach/present something new on the birthdays so far: the hundredth game and a game of the day rotation in 2001, a selfmade game in 2002 (150 games on the whole).

The next goal is of course a 'round' number of games again. At the moment, there are 213. 250 should be possible, but 300 would of course be way better! It's just that I doubt I can reach it on my own and as it looks now, I will be on my own. Problem: if I'm too quick to reach 249 games, I can either only freeze the game count for a long time (until the anniversary) or speed up even more to reach the 300. If I don't manage then though, I'm screwed. What do you think I should aim at? No, 1000 is out ;)

Furthermore, I can't really think of anything special for the anniversary. I don't have any games in production and the site itself is pretty much 'complete' feature-wise. Any ideas?

Or do you think this is all unnecessary fuss anyway, we should ignore the anniversary and treat it as a normal day?
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 19:05 on November 23rd, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
What I would do game-wise is keep updating the site until you reach 249. Then try to review the other 51 games in the time you have left (if this is percieved by you as possible time-wise). Then if you reach it, upload all 51 review/downloads/... at once right before the birthday so that on your birthday you have something special namely a massive update and if you don't reach 300 in total, you can still upload the one game to reach 250 and just rewrite the pages to have a birthday-look or something... Just an idea :idea:

Edited by Pada1 at 03:08 on November, 23rd 2002
-----
"In theory, if people bred as fast as ants, and with an equal indifference for it's surrounding species, earth would have 5 million human inhabitants at the turn of the century. But this, of course, is highly unthinkable"
Posted at 07:50 on November 24th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Hmm.... sounds good, but what is a birthday look?
-----
Posted at 04:47 on November 25th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
Balloons, banners, candels, cake pictures to decorate the site.
-----
Lets make this a beefy place
Posted at 10:26 on November 25th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
I guess I have to search for some standard images then :D
-----
Posted at 13:10 on November 25th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
How about somebody make an actual Good Old Days birthday cake, and then take a picture of it and you can post it on the site? Eh? That'd be real looney.

So, who has a looney girlfriend? ;)

Tuss
-----
Keep your stick on the ice
Posted at 13:27 on November 25th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Was that a trick question, Tuss?
-----
NetDanzr<br />
-The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog-
Posted at 13:38 on November 25th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
Posted by NetDanzr at 15:27 on November, 25th 2002:

Was that a trick question, Tuss?
Was that a 'me'? :P
-----
Posted at 13:42 on November 25th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
No, it wasn't a 'me'. It was just an expression of an immense surprise at asking about girlfriends on a geek board like this ;).
-----
NetDanzr<br />
Posted at 12:36 on November 26th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Master Gumby
And even if anybody here -- hypothetically -- has a girlfriend, I'm sure she'd be very much offended by Tuss implying that cooking birthday cakes is a girl's job, as opposed to real cool guy stuff like, say, running abandonware sites. :P
-----
C&apos;est pas la chute qu&apos;importe -- c&apos;est l&apos;atterrissage
Posted at 12:56 on November 26th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Aw, if any girl would be (hypothetically) stupid enough to be attracted to a looney like the people here, she'd probably also not take offense from such ultra-conservative statements ;)

Edited by Mr Creosote at 21:48 on November, 26th 2002
-----
Posted at 14:58 on November 26th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
I'm not saying it's a girls job, just none of you have ever expresed the ability to bake a cake. (Or the ability to ever learn how :evil:)

Anyway, if I had a kitchen (or anything more than one room for that matter) I'd bake one. :idea:

Tuss
-----
Posted at 15:09 on November 26th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
You won't get out of this that easy, Tuss: in addition to all females, you have discriminated all gay members of the forum by insinuating it's 'normal' to have girlfriends :evil:
-----
Posted at 15:12 on November 26th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Well, statistically we should have two of them. I'd like to hear from them whether they were offended or not ;).
-----
NetDanzr<br />
Posted at 16:42 on November 26th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Quote:
You won't get out of this that easy, Tuss: in addition to all females, you have discriminated all gay members of the forum by insinuating it's 'normal' to have girlfriends

Hey, I didn't discriminate against lesbians. Now lets get this topic back on-topic, eh?

Tuss
-----
Posted at 17:20 on November 26th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
Posted by Tuss at 18:42 on November, 26th 2002:

Quote:
You won't get out of this that easy, Tuss: in addition to all females, you have discriminated all gay members of the forum by insinuating it's 'normal' to have girlfriends

Hey, I didn't discriminate against lesbians. Now lets get this topic back on-topic, eh?

Tuss
Oh, you did! You insinuated the "natural" place for a woman is "beside" a man, thus disregarding the lesbian way of life :P
-----
Posted at 18:56 on November 26th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
I was actually more surprised by NetDanzrs assumption that only geeks frequent this board than by Tuss' interest in our love-lives... Some of us might leave them in the original package but others actually have a life :P

BTW: know how to bake a cake but lack an oven and the money to spend on baking a cake and throwing it away since I don't eat cake... sorry :evil:

Edited by Pada1 at 02:57 on November, 26th 2002
-----
"In theory, if people bred as fast as ants, and with an equal indifference for it's surrounding species, earth would have 5 million human inhabitants at the turn of the century. But this, of course, is highly unthinkable"
Posted at 19:54 on November 26th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Mmmm, I really want cake now.

How about doing a redesign of the front page into a big birthday cake?

Tuss
-----
Posted at 07:31 on November 27th, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Pada: you're welcome to use my oven :P
-----
Posted at 11:48 on December 21st, 2002 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
28 games to go and just 67 days left. That means a new game almost every second day - impossible :(
-----
» Multiple Pages: 12
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll