Game:

The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Reviewed Games - Comments / Discussion - Black Thorne (1994)
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Black Thorne (1994)

Posted at 12:00 on November 3rd, 2000 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Quote:
Blackthorne - the 2-D scrolling shooter that doesn't really scroll. That simple sentence is the most complete and accurate description I can come up with today. Looking back several years I can only ask myself: why did we love this game so much? Because we didn't know any better? Probably so. But then again, nothing can change the beautiful memories and give back the countless hours we spent in front of the small, low-quality 14" monitor playing what we thought was the greatest game ever made. Does this sound unfamiliar to you? Probably, if you have never experienced it.

Read more...
Posted at 13:00 on November 3rd, 2000 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Ahhh Blizzard, how far have you come since this monster?
Posted at 14:00 on November 3rd, 2000 | Quote | Edit | Delete
dude.. monster???? this game was masterfull in its time. beeyatch
Posted at 21:22 on January 9th, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Re Czech translation: Incredibly cool thing! :) How did you do this? Byte by byte with a hex editor?
-----
Dear Sir, I object strongly with the last thread, and the next post.
Posted at 16:39 on December 7th, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Global Moderator
Retired Gumby
I had an issue with this game, and exactly because of its striking resemblance to Flashback. I couldn't enjoy it to the fullness as i would feel i'm playing a kind of cheap knockoff of Flashback, although it didn't quite look cheap, but... ugh.. it just wasn't original anymore. Then again, i can't say i loved Flashback, but at least it was one of a kind.
-----
Cheer up! Remember the less you have, the more there is to get.
Posted at 10:14 on December 8th, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
I felt something similar while giving this one here a try, ecxcept in my case it was Prince of Persia, which I liked (and therefore played) a lot.
-----
Dear Sir, I object strongly with the last thread, and the next post.
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll