Game:

The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Reviewed Games - Comments / Discussion - Might and Magic: World of Xeen (1993)
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Might and Magic: World of Xeen (1993)

Posted at 12:00 on September 10th, 2005 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Quote:
World of Xeen is the union of Might and Magic 4 and 5, got from copying xeen.cc from MMIV to the MMV directory. The game gives you the two sides of the coin shaped world of Xeen to explore in your quest to wipe the evil out from it, and a third, and short, new adventure.

Read more...
Posted at 16:58 on August 4th, 2011 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Quote:
This was one of my favorite games when it came out. I had been a huge fan of the Might and Magic series.

Read more...
Posted at 01:15 on February 5th, 2013 | Quote | Edit | Delete | Delete Attachment
Pupil Gumby
Hallo fans
ich habe die deutsche version von might & magic 4 und 5
bei der installation von no.5 wird man gefragt ob man die world of xeen installieren will.
Attachment: *****
Posted at 00:23 on February 6th, 2013 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Ok, I get this is some installation problem you are talking about. If there is a problem, I can upload the versions I have, but can't assure anything about the translations of M&M games, they are quite buggy. The Spanish version of M&M4, I think it was that one, has a memory overflow error just at the beginning due to a text being too big, and also the german versions I've tested to add into my collection gave some problems. Not much testing here.
Posted at 07:00 on February 6th, 2013 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Don't worry, Wandrell, it"s exactly the opposite. What Hirschacker is saying is that his version of MM5 (probably a later release) actually asks him explicitly whether he wants to join it with MM4 to create "World". So no need for any manual copying in that case, the installer does it all automatically.

Interesting tidbit about the translation issues there, though :)
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
-----
Edited by Mr Creosote at 07:04 on February 6th, 2013
Posted at 10:04 on February 6th, 2013 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Curiously, I've been unable to repeat it on DosBox.
Posted at 12:59 on March 21st, 2015 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
Quote:
Might and Magic V: Darkside of Xeen is on the same technical level as its predecessor. So if you played said predecessor Might and Magic IV: Clouds of Xeen, it will not take you long to get accustomed to the game, because it uses exactly the same controls. If you own the previous game and install it into the same directory you get a new version with the title World of Xeen, which unlocks a couple of new quests. On top of that you can jump between the worlds with pyramid teleporters.

Read more...
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll