The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Comments / Discussion - Metal Mutant (1991)
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Metal Mutant (1991)

Posted at 13:07 on July 25th, 2007 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Feel free to share anything about Metal Mutant (1991) here!
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 16:25 on July 25th, 2007 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
I always liked Silmarils games, they have a distinctive style (that includes learning how to control the game). Also this game made me think in something I would like to see, a cyberpunk game where you can become a cyborg alienating your body, and maybe yourself. It's a big point of the cyberpunk genre the alienation, but I can't think of any game where being a cyborg is something bad instead of meaning being a killing machine.
Posted at 05:39 on July 26th, 2007 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Being a killing machine isn't bad? :confused:
-----
Posted at 07:13 on July 26th, 2007 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Well, I never feel bad when killing all that moves. There is a comic (GUNNM, that was originally translated as Battle Angel) where the main character is a killing machine in a harsh world and that for her is a really bad thing.

But in a videogame being a killing machine means getting tons of enemies and being encouraged to dispose of all of them. It's like an action film, you expect the main character to show his manliness and kill all the bad guys, getting praised after all finishes.
Posted at 09:47 on July 26th, 2007 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Yes, you've got a point there. Yet another media stereotype (other than the 'grim future ruled by machines'): the murdering, positive hero. Quite some role model :doubt:
-----
Posted at 04:19 on July 22nd, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Zombie Gumby
Oh yes, i remember this one and this company always made similar games, like Star Blade and Colorado. What can i say.. this game was very colourful and quite multifaceted (3 characters to play with, huh). However, there was something lacking in it. Perhaps a few moments were just way too whimsical. I still remember having a go at this game with a classmate in school, by drawing a little caterpillar robot trying his best to evade the humongous robot and get off the screen, until he raises his arm and shoots at him with a load of plasm. Anyway, for 1991 it was impressive graphics at least. So... 4 i guess.
-----
Cheer up! Remember the less you have, the more there is to get.
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll