Game:

The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Reviewed Games - Comments / Discussion - Barbarian: The Ultimate Warrior (1987)
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Barbarian: The Ultimate Warrior (1987)

Posted at 04:27 on September 5th, 2007 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
To get the story over with: Evil wizard has captured the princess, oily muscleman carrying a huge sword tries to free her by first confronting the sorcerer's soldiers and then the evil master himself.

Read more...
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 18:28 on January 8th, 2013 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Baby Gumby
Quote:
As a child, I found Barbarian to be a very decent game. Obviously it wasn't Barbarian that truly took up too much time, but I still felt it was a game that worked out pretty well. Now as a grown-up, I can see that while the game is in fact quite decent, it is also very flawed in the way it was made.

Read more...
Posted at 07:29 on July 22nd, 2014 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Global Moderator
Retired Gumby
It was one of the best games on Spectrum, and it actually looked a bit better than C64 version. Although, lacking in colour but compensating with better detail, which, i believe, is of higher priority here. The gameplay is pretty good, all the moves are quite diverse, the graphics and animation are on top (for those times). BUT.. there's just one little disadvantage: absolutely no variety of opponents, but just one and the same, which if defeated becomes tougher, and this neverending battle never ceases, but just goes on and on. I think that's a great flaw and in a sense leaves the game incomplete or even makes a demo version out of it. However, it's still a masterpiece, and since the people back then weren't as spoiled as we are today, they considered it to be perfect.
-----
Cheer up! Remember the less you have, the more there is to get.
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll