The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Reviewed Games - Comments / Discussion - Uridium (1986)
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Uridium (1986)

Posted at 13:40 on December 21st, 2007 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
The alien invasion of Earth is afoot, and there's just no way to stop the attacking forces by conventional means. Even if the puny earthling forces manage to destroy one wave, countless more are just waiting to take its place. So the humans recognize their only chance is to go to the source and cut off the invaders' supplies.

Read more...
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 21:17 on December 26th, 2007 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
<i>Uridium Plus</i>, released the same year as the <i>Uridium</i>. Not much time to change anything, but also not much need to, since the original version was very successful - never change a winning horse. So the basics remain the same: The player flies the Manta ship's assault on the aliens' huge Dreadnoughts, first taking out the numerous waves of defenders, then landing and activating the self-destruct mechanism - all that to stop the invaders' supply of raw materials.

Read more...
-----
Posted at 10:35 on August 15th, 2020 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Deceased Gumby
Hmm, actually the security holes in this game's capital ship design sounds even worse: Imagine Luke landing with his X-Wing on the Death Star and walking up to the self destruct. :D Do not they have any kind of protection against one man boarding parties?
-----
The known is finite, the unknown infinite. - Thomas Henry Huxley
Posted at 10:56 on August 15th, 2020 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Well, they have a huge amount of stationary guns plus lots of fighters defending. So it seems the designers followed the eggshell approach to security: hard on the outside, but once this is breached, there is nothing left.
-----
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll