The Spam Club

» The Spam Club - Life, The Universe and Everything - Software Galore - Rockstar offers GTA for free
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll

Rockstar offers GTA for free

Posted at 14:43 on March 7th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
I must admit that I'm probably the only remaining person who never tried any GTA game, but some of you may be interested that the developer, Rockstar now offers free download of the game here.

I didn't try to download, but apparently, the way to do it is pretty complicated. Due to a redirect, you can't use a download manager. In addition, after you register and get an e-mail with the download location, you need to download, using the same computer and browser. Those who did it, however, confirmed that it's a full, legitimate version of the game.
-----
NetDanzr<br />
-The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog-
Posted at 14:53 on March 7th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Are you sure about that link? That IP is going nowhere for me.

That download procedure sounds a bit like the predecessor of Longhorn to me ;) It's not the first time GTA is offered for 'free' download legally, but I can hardly decide which way to offer it is fussier... this one is probably even the better one.
-----
Now you see the violence inherent in the system!
Posted at 14:56 on March 7th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
Rockstar sent out an e-mail to everybody on their mailing list about this. There's a few thousand people on that list, and the download is over 300MB, so I guess the server is clogged.
-----
NetDanzr<br />
-The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog-
Posted at 14:58 on March 7th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Oh well - I don't need the game anyway, have the original right here :D
-----
Posted at 17:30 on March 7th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Prof Gumby
Why download it on my computer when it's like a 10 metre walk to my playstation :P
-----
Not all That Glitters Is Gold, Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost.
Posted at 17:32 on March 7th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Dr Gumby
No meters is closer than 10 meters, you know....
-----
Mock ugly people. Praise ugly goats.
Posted at 18:48 on March 7th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Retired Gumby
It's good they're doing the next step and offer it for free. It is being offered in shops for 3 or 4 Euros with full box, manual and maps, which is free defacto. ;)
Posted at 02:25 on March 8th, 2003 | Quote | Edit | Delete
Admin
Reborn Gumby
Quote:
It is being offered in shops for 3 or 4 Euros with full box, manual and maps, which is free defacto.
Yes, but that is most likely just the shops clearing their inventory - not the publisher offering it that cheaply.
-----
ReplyNew TopicNew Poll